DLC Question

My original account was hacked 3 days ago like so many others. (Thank you EA sports) So at the moment it is currently shutdown while the UA investigation takes place. I created this temp account so I can at least use my 360 in the mean time. So my question is, should I be able to use my DLC content on this new profile for games such as Fallout 3 or because my original profile is suspended/shutdown  it wont allow me? Thanks in advance. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to hear that your account was hacked :(

DLC content is only available in the gamer profile it was bought with. If you wish to use DLC content in a different gamer profile, you will need to purchase it again.

I do not know the Microsoft stance on transferring DLC content from hacked accounts to new accounts though. Someone else here will hopefully know. (I wouldn't hold my breath though)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="mart3ndo"]

DLC content is only available in the gamer profile it was bought with. If you wish to use DLC content in a different gamer profile, you will need to purchase it again.

[/quote]Most DLC is available to be used on any profile on a 360, Avatar items are the big exception.

DLC is licensed to two things, the gamertag that purchased it and the console it was first downloaded on.

The gamertag license lets a person play on any console providing there is a connection to Live.

What the console license does is enable offline play for the purchasing account and lets all other accounts on the console use it.

It sounds to me that the OP has switched consoles since purchasing his DLC and that is why his new account wont access it.

The point you are correct on is that if he wants to use it now, then purchasing it again is his only option. However I would wait and once he gets his account back then he will be able to preform a license transfer (http://www.xbox.com/drm) to let other accounts use his DLC.

Sorry this didn't help.

VoteDC, Thanks for clarifying that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well it is the same console as my original GT. But from my understanding is that these hackers actually move the GT to another console which might be why I can use the DLC. I can see all the DLC on the HDD but my temp one just cant access it. I have no clue, but my temp one cannot access the DLC on the HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your current Xbox the same Xbox that you purchased the DLC with?

VoteDC agrees with me that you will need to purchase the DLC again if you wish to use the DLC with your temporary account.

My advice would be the same as VoteDC's, wait on MS completing the investigation to get your account back and perform the license transfer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually I remembered that is not the original 360. I bought this with the release of the Kinect. I completely forgot about that, so most of the DLC was not purchased on this 360. I guess all I can do is wait on the investigation. This is what I get for getting excited about seeing NBA Jams. DANG YOU EA!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry we couldn't help you more, hopefully your investigation wont take to long

Martyn

Sorry this didn't help.