DLC Question

Just wondering if you have to be online to play DLC's...???

Raam's Shadow, Bastion and Limbo for example...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

if you are on the original purchasing console yes you can use them offline

if you moved the files you need to redownload them as you get the dlc has changed error

but if you are trtying to access them from another console other then the purchasing or drm transfered console then you will have to connect to live to use them

this was explained in wild's first link on DLC

You can buy the Season Pass or separate content [RAAM's Shadow Part 2] off marketplace.xbox.com & when you connect your console to Xbox Live, your console will download it & it will appear in your download history... You have no clue, about what you are saying Ice Storm III...  [Slaps head]

I understand the warning just fine.

I do not rate any posts.

Wow seriously ok im going to take you through this step by step so maybe you will actually understand what we are actually talking about ok?

Question 1. Do you own a season pass for any game?

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]Season Pass content doesn't have to be downloaded in-game...[/quote]The first time it is downloaded, it has to be downloaded in-game. After that, it becomes part of your Download/Purchase History.[quote]The Marketplace content can be downloaded, before you even insert the game disc & when you play the game,[/quote]Only if you've downloaded it at least once from in-game (and I guess we can assume started downloading it, but not finished). It's not on your Download/Purchase History list until that time.[quote]it recognises that you have new content...  It says "Downloading Content" in-game, even when you're offline...[/quote]I'll ignore that little bit in the end about being offline for now.

So that would mean... it downloads in-game? As we've been saying?

From my Purchase History, I can see that I bought the Gears of War gun avatar items on 12/30/2011. I can see from The Internet that RAAM'S Shadow was released on December 13, 2011. I can also see that RAAM'S Shadow doesn't pop up in my Purchase History until April 9, 2012. It's not my Live login that determines when Season Pass DLC downloads, it's when I next run the game that has the Season Pass.

You have to run Gears of War 3 to download Season Pass content for the first time. Prior to that, it does not show up in your Purchase/Download history. Only after that can you download it outside of the game, from your Purchase/Download History. You can never download Season Pass content from the Marketplace.

You seriously need to buy some glasses then.. Because I already quoted Ice Storm III Saying so & I have clearly posted, that I own a season pass for GoW3...

What does it say in these posts then W1LD SEVEN..??

Thu, May 10 2012 7:07 PM

Thu, May 10 2012 12:54 PM

Now it's kind of syncing in for Ice Storm III...

[quote user="Ice Storm III"]

Gears of War 3 and Fallout 3 both have a download option in-game. That Download menu just goes to the Marketplace. [/quote]

Ice Storm is correct Nano he stated that season pass content can only be downloaded from within the specified game which is absolutely correct.

To explain going to the dashboard marketplace you can download the individual separate DLC content. When you own the season pass for games that have them available you must enter the specified game and download that content.

You cannot download season pass content from the dashboard marketplace.

Season pass content and regular DLC are two different files even though they are the same DLC they are controlled in different ways.

Lastly Ice Storm never said you could not download the season passes themselves from the dashboard MP just the content associated with the season pass.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="W1LD SEVEN"]Although i have completely agreed with you Ice Storm the one part in your above post is wrong. Season pass content once initially downloaded does appear in your download history.[/quote]I just got done checking this.

- It shows up in your Purchase History on xbox.com, where you can then put it in your Download Queue.

- It shows up in your Download History under Account on the console, and can be downloaded from there.

The one place it does NOT show up as purchased is the Marketplace. Manually searching for RAAM's Shadow on xbox.com while logged in still wants me to pay 1200 points for it, as does viewing it via the Marketplace on the console.

So you're correct that it can be re-downloaded out of game, but only from My Account on xbox.com or Account, Download History. Both xbox.com Marketplace and the console Marketplace (incuding the in-Gears of War 3 Download/Marketplace menu) still shows it costing 1200 points.

[/quote]

Thanks Ice Storm just wanted that clearer for those that where unsure.

Providing the licenses are correctly in place on your console then no, you don't need to be online to play them there.

-

Move to another console though and you will need to be online with your profile in order to play them.

A ploy, by a Xbox Ambassador & a know-nothing-know-it-all, to try & show me up or harass me, it seems....

Check your Season Pass Content Again Ice Storm III....

In My Download History I Have;.. [Just checked & in Descending order]

Forces of Nature Map Pack

Fenix Rising Map Pack

RAAM's Shadow: Part 2

Horde Command Pack

Gears of War Season Pass

Booster Map Pack

So you need to pull your head out Ice Storm III... Because, You re-download any Season Pass Content From Download History on Dashboard, so you won't be charged again...

I have already agreed, that if you purchase Season Pass content seperately from Season Pass, you will be charged & I also showed that GoW3 link, for Season Pass Holders to see what I was saying etc..

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

If you have a Season Pass & content is corrupted ( ! )

1. Delete the corrupted content..

2. Clear the Drives Cache, by pressing Y on selected drive.. [Settings Tab, System, Storage etc]

3. Re-download the Season Pass File...

4. Re-download the Season Pass Content from Download History...

Following, what I posted about the Fenix Rising Map Pack etc..

If your game doesn't have a Season Pass & content is corrupted ( ! )

1. Delete the corrupted content..

2. Clear the Drives Cache, by pressing Y on selected drive.. [Settings Tab, System, Storage etc]

3. Re-download the Content from Download History...

End of Argument... [/quote]

So this post, was obviously irrelevant in your mind, if you felt the need to say something else Ice Storm III & just proves you know nothing about what you are saying... + your posts say to download Season Pass content, from in-game menus etc..

The OP is also asking about Season Pass Content or Separate Content offline [RAAM's Shadow etc]..

VoteDC has already stated;

[quote user="VoteDC"]

Providing the licenses are correctly in place on your console then no, you don't need to be online to play them there.

-

Move to another console though and you will need to be online with your profile in order to play them. [/quote]

I have also said this;

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

You can Download the 156kb Season Pass File Again, if you have any problems with the season pass, free of charge.... I've downloaded it again, with ZERO MS points...

When you transfer Content Licences to another console, you will need to download this file & be online to use it... It says that you need to be online, in the "Usage Restrictions" on contents purchase Screen... [/quote]

Then you went on your lecturing rant Ice Storm III... You were also wrong about having to be a Season Pass Holder to access RAAM's Shadow Content in Game too..

I guess I'm Speaking Australian-English & some of you Americans, Can't Understand anything that has already been said...