DLC License Issue

My previous account, z Siik SHaDoWz, was banned. I had purchased several map packs and add ons for different games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops and Dirt 3. After I was banned, I created a new account, SHaDoWz Is BacK, and continued to be able to play those map packs freely whenever I wanted. Around Christmas I bought an Xbox 360 Slim 250 Gb. I swapped all of my content over via a transfer cable and began playing on my current account. I soon realised that I was unable to play the map packs I had bought with my suspended account anymore, even though my previous account and the DLC were present on my new Xbox. I understand that you must transfer a license over when you get a new xbox, and I did that, but It also says something about re-downloading the content to update it? How can I re-download the content that I purchased with my suspended account? I spent upwards of $200 on DLC and the account was banned for a pretty shakey reason, I can't believe a few messages is enough for Microsoft to ban me for life.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

when your account is perma baned you forfeit all licenses associated with the account

you will have to repurchase the content

live life and play fair and you will never incur an suspension

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you can post in the account suspension  forums

Sorry this didn't help.

Just for the record, I got banned because the word Jtag was in one MAYBE two messages I sent over Live, not because I wan't playing fair. Thats a pretty sketchy reason to ban me for life, but seeing as you are someone who has never broken a rule before and "lives life and plays fair", I wouldn't expect you to understand. Its bullcrap that I should have to repurchase so much stuff. Now wonder Microsoft is a billion dollar corporation, they rip people off constantly.

Sorry this didn't help.

The internet says you don't. It's telling me that GT was involved with modding. Also, the XBLPET response was "This account was found to be sending messages advertising the sale of modded lobbies once a Jtag arrived.", so you didn't just happen to mention a JTAG you were offering cheats.

Sorry this didn't help.

The answer to your question is now that you have a new console there is no way to recover the merchandise that you bought off of the marketplace before. Personally I don't think this is what makes Microsoft a billion dollar corporation. We all know the ToU and the CoC. You agree to them when you create your account and just like sevendead said the reason was not shaky at all. And to tell you the truth before the XBL PET's perma ban someone (or just suspend them for that matter) they do an extensive investigation into what is going on. That is why bans are not negotiable, they do not perma ban someone for 1 shaky action. It is a decision based on several things.

Honestly I am sorry this has happened to you but ngocphi couldn't have said it better.

www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct

www.xbox.com/.../livetou

Sorry this didn't help.

^^ I don't even own a Jtag, so how could I be offering cheats? Who are you to say what really happend? All you're looking at is the general reason why I was banned. Anyway, that ban was over a year ago, the point is, it is ridiculous that I can't use the DLC that I purchased even though its on my harddrive. But thanks for the answer, sorry that I got pissed guys.

Sorry this didn't help.

That was not a general reason (or a code of conduct quote), that was pretty specific reason given by the XBLPET. Doesn't matter if you have a Jtag or not, messages were sent from that account saying you would have one and offering to host modded games in exchange for payment. Again, the internet has a record of what you've been doing, and while you might not have posted much on modding sites you did thank people a bit and have offered services in other comment forms. Also, amazing that you got every single achievement in CoD WaW in a single day on your new account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wait, wait, wait, who was I thanking? What was I thanking them for? And what other ways have I offered services? And yes, Im pretty good at Call of Duty. You can quit stalking my profile whenver you would like though. Get a life man, theres much more to the world than gaming.

Sorry this didn't help.