DLC for two accounts on same xbox question

Ok, so when the 360 first came out i got oblivion and downloaded all the DLC and them my xbox broke so i got sent a new one.

When the new one came i found out that i could only play the DLC when i was connected to xbox live so i rang them up and they made me make a new account up (lewys87) and gave me the points on that account so i could download it again because it needed to be on a new gamertag (This was before all the transferring licence thing)

So i have a new xbox again and want to play oblivion on this gamertag so i recovered the lewys87 tag and downloaded the DLC again then signed into this account but when i  load up oblivion the DLC isn't there.

what do i have to do? just transfer a licence? or can it only be played on my lewys87 account?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="Lewys"]

I am connected to live on this account but the DLC isn't there. It can  only be played on my lewys87 account

[/quote]

Yes, that's because it was downloaded from the lewys87 account, and you haven't transferred the licenses over to the new xbox. When you do transfer them over, you'll be able to play the DLCs on any account.

In other words, you will only be able to play the DLC when your lewys87 account is connected to Xbox LIVE, unless you transfer the licenses over.

I am connected to live on this account but the DLC isn't there. It can  only be played on my lewys87 account

You will only be able to play it when connected to Xbox LIVE, unless you transfer the licenses over to the new xbox.

After you transfer the licenses over, you should be able to play it regardless if you're connected to Xbox LIVE or not.

[quote user="Lewys"]

Ah right i understand now. Sorry.

Thanks for the help :)

[/quote]

Not a problem mate.

Post here if you're having further problems.

Ah right i understand now. Sorry.

Thanks for the help :)