DLC & Games

First I transfred my xbox 360 hard drive from an "original" or a "fatty" to a xbox 360 slim holiday bundle slim with a 250 gb hard drive using the xbox hard drive transfer cable. Then I wanted 2 slims 1 in my closet brand new and the slim I had transfered to with the xbox hard drive cable.

When I transfered from fatty to slim using the hard drive cable it transfered all of my DLC with no problem. Why do they say I have to get licenses after I do that, I didn't???

Then I transfered from slim to slim using a sandisk cruiser glide and after formatting it said I would have serious problems. I didn't have 1 problem? So this time no need to to get licenses even though it said I would?

I at least have 2 games and a bunch of car packs that I bought through xbox live.

It seems like Microsoft is trying to confuse me.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello, when it comes to licenses it means; on your first console, everyone will be able to access all the games/DLC on the console. But when you transfer the content to another console only your profile can access the content, if you want all profiles to access this content you have to do a license transfer. If your just using your profile than there is no need too. Pretty much only if your family is using all the content across various profiles then you must do the license transfer.

Hope this Helps!

Thanks  

BeetleComet- A loyal Proud Windows and XBOX Member !

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, that answered all of my questions except for 1.

So now that I used my cruzer glide flash drive to transfer my hd to my new hd was he saying that my family cannot play the Deathsmiles 2 X I downloaded from XBOX Live or the Guwange that I downloaded also with a new profile? And if he was how can I change that. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

yes and no. If you simply moved all of your content from the old hard drive to the new hard drive, your account will be the only one able to play your downloaded games...but only when you are connected to XBL.

To change that, all you would have to do a license transfer to your new console. Doing this will let you play your DLC and arcade games offline and it will once again let your other accounts access them too.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Follow those steps provided in the link and you will be able to play your games on and offline and the other accounts will be able to play them once again.

Once the DRM transfer has been complete, all you have to do is re-download each item again.

So make a list of the things that are important and you want access to and then download it. Since It's already on your hard drive, each download will just need to download the key so it will jump from 1% to 99% and then complete it's download.

Sorry this didn't help.