dlc achievements should be separate

I am sick out getting close to 100% and then a dlc comes along and blocks me from it. Dlc achievements should only count if you own the dlc. I don't want the dead rising dlc but now I will never finish the achievements... 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

People put too much emphasis on achievements.

Should get it. The achievements for it are easy. The achievements I wish they would do away with altogether or separate are those challenge and silly stupid types (e.g. watching a movie) that are worth 0 points. All they do is clutter up my achievements page.

Lol. Like listen to 1000 songs. Worthless! Good thing I just like to listen too music though and could careless for the pointless achievement.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

People put too much emphasis on achievements.

[/quote]

I know, right?!

Only REAL GAMERS care about achievements,so there.And a major lack of them I see these days,lmao.

-

But yeah OP, ive only found a few in ac4,ghosts and bf4 that are actually a challenge , pstar golf too,, loads these days are time based,you just dont see for example  lost planet on insanity type ones,I say as of yet,im sure when the 18 rated games roll in we will on xb1.

-

I like seeing the 1000/1000 on a hard game,sign of a REAL GAMER,woop,lol.I hope this auto dlc achievs changes.

Dr3 is a sneaky one though apparently because my m8 tested it the 1000/1000 actually relys on 1 achieve being part of the dlc via 2 blueprints,I hope that more of this isnt to come or no longer 'did you get the 1000' will be refered to.

[quote user="Scottiths"]

I am sick out getting close to 100% and then a dlc comes along and blocks me from it. Dlc achievements should only count if you own the dlc. I don't want the dead rising dlc but now I will never finish the achievements... 

[/quote]

Beat the game quicker. You should be playing for pure enjoyment and not to see some arbitrary number next to your GT

It is not easy but not caring works. I used to have a 94% completion percentage and it sucked all the fun and enjoyment out of gaming when I cared to keep it that high. Now if a game interests me I buy it, play it and get some achievements along the way.

Plus it's not like this hasn't been going on for some time now. It was doing it on the 360 with some games as well

It's hard for me to talk because pretty much every game that has DLC achievements is at 100% on my list, but I also have games on my list that have 1 achievement unlocked and I'm never going back.

-

So I guess my point is, don't get so bummed out that you'll never have a certain game at 100% because as long as you're enjoying yourself, you're winning.

I feel you on the games with only 1 achievement that will never be revisited! Sucks but oh well.

I have 61k of 170k achievements available. That sucks but it really doesn't mean more than some games I liked and some games I did not.

Also some years I was focused on playing all I could and other years dedicated to only a few different games.