Disk Read errors when running games installed to hard drive

Hi,

Just recently started having problems with disk read errors with games that i have just installed to hard drive. Downloaded games are working fine and I was running battlefield 3 from the hard drive until recently. All Games installed on the console without error message, but still getting disk error and kicking out to dashboard.

I eventually backed up all my saves and profile to a usb stick and reformatted the drive, reloaded profile and saves to hard drive and restored downloaded games no problems. Installed the games that i had issues with to find that the problem is there and now i have reinstalled battlefield 3 back on the hard drive it is also coming up with disk errors. But the games will still run okay straight from the dvd drive.

Is this an issue with the latest dashboard update, because it doesnt seem to be a hardware fault.????????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi there!  Welcome to the Forums.  From what you're describing, it sounds almost like an issue with the hard drive itself.  You don't get the errors when you play just from the disc, yeah?  If you have a friend with the same model console, you could test using their hard drive in your system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

BF3 is my fav. I have the very same prolem. as you. I deleted all of bf3 data except game save .then clear sys cache. power down download all again.Make sure you copy this data on a usb flash drive before del. It seemes to help with me but still happens occasonally. You may need to cantact EA/ORIGIN.and good luck with that.

Sorry this didn't help.

What i ended up doing was probably not the best way i rolled back the dashboard update and reinstalled all my fav games then restarted the xbox let it do the update again. So far been running far cry 3 and battlefield 3 no problems.

Havent tried installing games since doing this, so dont know if it was a bad update install or a dodgy update itself.

Sorry this didn't help.