Disk problem

I posted a message few weeks ago, because it had started to ask me to download title update for games again and again. I was worried something is wrong with the hard drive, but someone told me to delete system cache. I've done it, but it few days ago it started to ask me for TU updates again.

I wanted to copy my saves and profile to USB stick and I received an error when trying to move my profile (I've tried many times). Then I tried to delete my profile, but I received the same error. After that I switched off the console and switched it on again. I managed to delete my profile and started to recover it from XBL. Now the problem is I've been hearing some strange sounds from hard drive I've never heard before.

How can I check if there is anything wrong with hard drive in the console? I'm sure there must be a problem, because those sounds aren't a very good sign.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want my Gears of war 3 data files get damaged or something.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Your Xbox 360 hard drive is a SATA drive which means that it is an actual hard disc drive and not flash memory. This means that over a great period of use and time, you hard drive could get slightly damaged internally or it could have suffered from a minor bump while it was writing data thus making it faulty. Title Updates for games are stored in your HDD's cache directory which is like a temporary memory for your console. Due to the possible previous damage your HDD might have received, your HDD might have problems writing to your cache and storing the data properly.

I would suggest that you check your warranty for your console and hard drive to see if it is still active via this page. After you have confirmed that your console is still under warranty, you can use this page to get your Xbox 360 HDD repaired as soon as possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Warranty for my console expired 2 months ago. It's a xbox slim.

Exist there some diagnostic tools? I haven't found anything under System on the dashboard.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.