Disk-installed games on a new system

Ok, so I got a new 360 to replace my glitching old one.

I have a transfer cable so moving the content over won't be a problem, and I know about the license transfer thing (just sucks that I have to re-download everything to get the licenses updated since I have a TON of stuff I downloaded over the years). But, what about the games I installed off of the disk? I remember reading that they only work on the console that they were installed on. So does that mean I have to delete and re-install all of my installed games?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Yes,you will have to re-install any installed games as they are tied to the console you installed them on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Daft Badger is correct but to add to this, when it says you have to re-download everything you do not have to delete anything from your hard drive, you simply go into your download history select the download and select "Download Again", the download will take a few seconds and your content licence will be updated without the need to re-download the whole file.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="CyberAkumaZero"]So does that mean I have to delete and re-install all of my installed games?[/quote]You shouldn't have to delete anything. The transfer software built into the console will not Copy or Move installed games.

Sorry this didn't help.

To clarify, I was talking about games I installed FROM THE DISK to the harddrive, not games purchased from xbox live as digital downloads. I know I don't have to re-download (other than their licenses) any of the digital content I purchased.

Sorry this didn't help.

My mistake, I assumed you thought that you had to re-download the whole files of your purchases. As Daft Badger originally said though you will need to re-install your games.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.