Disk drive vibrating

My XBOX vibrates when there is a CD running in it whether its a game or DVD it vibrates and now it's making a chirping sound like the CD is hitting the laser or something. Its is a little over a year old. It started vibrating after about 6 months so I just downloaded the games to the HD. Now our DVD player is down and I'm using it to run discs more often...  It plays DVDs and games fine, its just loud and I don't want it to sling apart on me.  Is the issue something that is easily fixed or is it something that XBOX needs to repair?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 235 Applies to:

Try laying your XBox horizontally. Never move the XBox when the unit is powered on. If there is still noise, push the top towards the tray and then push on the drive tray. Did you notice a change in noise? If the noise remains or gets worse, there is a possibility the unit needs repair (1-800-4MY-XBOX). If the noise is better, it's up to you what action to take. DVD movies will always have drive noise since the media is always being "read". Games only run heavy when the game "calls" for data. So please keep this in mind when checking for your issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.