Disk drive problems

Microsoft,

I purchased my xbox about 1-2weeks after release. After maybe 3months the drive has had issues reading game disks, and I have done tons of research on this issue.

Why is there no information on your forums about the massive defects with the blue ray drive? Why no recall? Im concerned about the information offline like cnet.com saying microsoft repaired and gave free digital game to small subset of customers that bought the xbox one within the first couple weeks of release. Microsoft publicly announced they knew about the known issue. I can keep naming other sites Ive came across, with much more data, but I will save us some time.

I have contacted microsoft 2 times on the phone. I told them when i bought my xbox and about the KNOWN disk drive issue. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps. I was then told i need to pay $139 dollars to fix microsofts defective release, due to me being out of warranty. This will not comply with me, as microsoft admitted to the FACT that the blue ray drive was defective. I KNOW im out of warranty, but I still fall into the percentile of people that bought the xbox a couple weeks within release. We have dealt with the problem by re inserting the disk 10 or so times to play a game. We were fortunate that our drive lasted as long as it did. I do not want a new xbox, I dont want anything extra. I just want microsoft to take care of me like it did the other people they helped with this defective drive. Please get me in contact with someone who can wave the service fee, also i will drive to take and pick up from microsoft store. This is not much to ask due to how much money I spend with microsoft. Also I will be doing delivery and pick up. Please contact me by phone.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Concerned customer

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey there KeeneSenses7!

I am truly sorry to hear about the issue and I can definitely understand how frustrating this could be. If you haven't already, I suggest running through the steps listed in our How To Troubleshoot Problems Playing a Disc On Your Xbox One console page. If the issue continues to occur, you will need to have your console repaired. You can request a repair through our Online Service center. If you experience any issues requesting a repair, you can reach out to phone or chat support from our Contact Us page. I know paying a service fee to have your console repaired may not seem ideal, but this would be the next course of action to make sure that the issue with your console is sorted. If you have any further questions regarding the repair process, please reach out to phone or chat support through the link provided above, as we are unable to set up repairs here in the Support Forums. Once again, I am truly sorry to hear about the issue and any inconveniences this may have caused.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.