Disk drive of death

Gee, glad I chose xbox. $700 bucks down with games. Xmas morning we plug it in. Load disk to grinding noise. Speak to online support. Who tell me it's going to take time to return it. Approx 2 weeks!!! No problem, as long as you explain to my kids that Xmas is cancelled for a couple of weeks. Internet is full of the same story.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

U can register ur device there and ask for support.  Ask for expedited repair. Specially since it's Christmas. It's probably gonna take long because it's middle of Christmas. Also if you havea. Credit card they will put it on file and ship u a brand new xbox and once the replacement arrives u can then ship the broken xbox

I also noticed even when xbox one is on stand by the Xbox is usually accessing the hardrive and u can hear the hardrive. Makes me wonder how long my hardrive will last. They need to fix the os on xbox from constantly  using hardrive when it's turned off

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am on my third xbox since x-mas, for the same reason. (this one does it to, and can't eject disk)

Best Buy keeps exchanging it for me.

I talk to Microsoft support, they said just keep exchanging it until I get lucky enough to find one that works.

I can't even send it in to repair what is a 1 day old console, because the support website won't allow me to register it. They're awesome!

Sorry this didn't help.

That is definitely an unfortunate situation.  However, I don't think it is the norm.  You should absolutely keep exchanging it until you get one that works properly.  

Sorry this didn't help.