Disk Drive Not working properly

I did the update and everything works fine....but I can play disks....it makes an awful noise and I get an error message. Tried 2 different games and a blu ray....all the same result. XBOX customer service told me to take it back to gamestop.....can't wait to see how that goes....

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there JD! I'm sorry to hear about the disc drive issues.

Have you tried taking your console back to GameStop yet? If so, what were the results?

If you haven't, make sure that the console is oriented horizontally (not vertically). If your console is horizontal and you're still getting that noise and the disc read errors, I suggest heading over to our Repair Center and setting up a repair for the console.

Let us know if you have any questions on how to set that up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why does everyone at MS keep suggesting to take it back to GameStop?   It's not their problem it's yours.  And they said that MS told them that all faulty hardware should be handled by MS.  

Bottom line is that my problem hasn't been solved.  Support told me I need to send you my console....but it won't let me do it online....and the person on the phone couldn't do it.   They said they would call me back later today to see if they can.  I understand that there will be issues....but my situation has been handled poorly.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a suggestion that worked for my friend, before you try to swap the system out through MS, Gamestop, etc.  

Turn the system off, turn it upside down and turn it on. insert the disc and let it run for a few.  eject the disk, turn the console off, flip it back rightside up, and try again.

I was skeptical but I read this trick online to fix it, and apparently it worked for at least my friend.

Sorry this didn't help.