Discussion Over Xbox Live's Enforcement and if it's Proper.

Does anyone else find it weird that Xbox considers itself a competitive gaming platform, but bans for trash talk? That it discourages the behavior that's shown in the games you play? Xbox Live has made really questionable choices in how to enforce what it considers to be "for everyone". You cannot trash talk, swear under any circumstances, talk back to someone trash talking you, or act human in general. While what's being attempted by enforcing the code of conduct seems like a good idea, is restricting the online play actually giving people more freedom? A blaring contradiction isn't a good way to do it, definitely. If anyone has anything to add, or points to bring up, I'd appreciate it. The main point of this post was to bring up the fact that MS has no problem leeching money from people, but doesn't bother trusting people to have the responsibility to not deform to a crying man-baby when someone says anything remotely offensive to any living human.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The problem is that many people have confused trash talk for foul language and abuse, they don't see that they crossed the line and don't understand why others might not like their behaviour.

1.%^^^%$#@^^^&* is cussing not trash talk.

2.  You were warned joining to keep it PG-13.

^ No, it's gibberish. Disregarding the blatant assumptioms. Trash talk is PG 13, and language shouldn't matter between friends.

so you are here to gripe and troll Sonic.

Do you not want to have a discussion? Am I not allowed to disagree with an inherently flawed system because if I do, I must be trolling? Who even says trolling anymore?

There is a fine line between trash talk and abuse.  Are you really sure that it's "trash talk" that they are banning?

I don't think people even realise there is a line any more Zen. No-one seems to take the time to judge 'the room' any more when playing online, they just jump in full bore.

MS doesn't do it case-by-case, it's like they take the perspective of an 8 year old on a power trip. Things that are hardly offensive to anyone capable of reasonable thought are met with punishment as severe or slightly less than anything deserving of it. "Say something nice or don't say anything until you make a new account."

Sorry that you live in and around a group foul mouth folk Sonic. But you did agree to play nice when you signed up. And they do by a case by case method.

Me say trolling because me is over 50. So just call me "WHO".

Have the same problem n sick of the hypocrisy.

Will talk via (private)

DG