Discs from CeX... Scratched.

For some reason whatever CeX store I go to the discs are 99.9% scratched which I think the employees are to blame because I remember trading in a DVD and then when I got to see how they treated, it was obvious the scratches were made by the careless employees. That and, I got the disc back to see its condition.

-

Because of such, when I buy at CeX (rarely) I'm required to ask to resurface because the discs are very rarely ever not scratched.

-

Good grief, tell your damn employees how to handle discs, CeX!

-

The most recent one was Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 (only 4 quid) and guess what, the disc was scratched, so I had to ask them to resurface. *sigh* used games do not mean they have to be damaged by any reasons, I've sold (at Amazon) my own games (as used) and they were all in excellent condition.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 4, 2018 Views 849 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just ask to check the discs yourself before you give them any money, if you are not happy, dont buy it from them

-

Everything you said you might want to stick in an email to their head office.....the dangers of buying pre-owned is damaged discs, not every retail store will check them, and thats the same for GAME, BlockBusters, HmV etc

When trading in games they do check the condition, but after handling to them it goes from great to terrible.

-

I'll see 'bout sending an email.

CEX are awful. The one in Liverpool is horrible. Most of the staff in there are horrible and talk to you like crap most of the time. I bought a blu-ray from the a few weeks ago. Full of scratches but I thought it should be ok. A few hours later I got home and found the same blu-ray cheaper online brand new. So I didn't even watch the one I bought from CEX.

Went back a few days later to trade it in. This one guy who I can't stand carefully inspected the disk and said we can't take this. This is to scratched up. I then remembered I had the receipt in my wallet so I showed him that and asked for a full refund then. His face dropped like a sack full of rocks.

I then traded a game in for cash he just took the disk out the box put the disk down on the counter went to get a plastic sleeve when he got back he slid the disk wile it was on the counter to the edge so he could pick it up and then put it in the sleeve. So that would of scratched the disk a bit.

Honestly complete and utter idiots. I rarely buy from them anymore. I mainly just use them to sell things to for cash.

i mainly buy new games since i got x box live 3 years ago. but for about 16 years before that i must have bought well over a hundred games from cex in london.only 1 or 2 were sctrached and when i took them back they give me another copy so no problem  .with exchanging games there the average price of a game was about a fiver. for example if i bought a game for £15 i would get £10 exchange.i estimate i saved several hunderd pounds over the years. i cant think of a bad word to say about them

Back then they probably had proper staff who were careful with the products whereas, the staff they have nowadays simply do not care at all.

-

Although they scratch the discs they'll resurface, and if the box is broken they'll give a replacement. I'm only bummed because they're not careful with discs in its original condition.

My lad uses the one in Bury quite a lot and stuff seems to be ok from there.

CEX disc`s are always bad.

The staff in my store all look like tree huggers or heavy metal headbangers,and could not care less what they are selling you.

-

CEX are always a last resort shop for me.

[quote user="Gary Mot"]

My lad uses the one in Bury quite a lot and stuff seems to be ok from there.

[/quote]

I use the Bury store too and they're a decent bunch who seem to have an interest in what they sell. It may well be one of the better CEX's.....still stinks of sweaty socks though!

Clearly some CeX stores are better then others, I have used the one on Tottenham Court road and my local high street one before without issues with Game discs, DVDs or Bluray discs

-

Always check the condition of the Discs before you give over any money and you shouldn't get stung

Cex stores are great for flogging your old mobile phone.

I wouldn't buy anything from them though.

The smell of wee is what puts me off.

However like your local GAME most of these shops have a DISC REPAIR Machine.

So ask to see the disc, point out that it's scratched and ask them to put it in the disc repair machine.

This usually has them looking like new.

The only other advice is when you go in... try to only breathe through your mouth.

Az