Disconnects Happening Almost Daily

I have a 360S and am using it wirelessly.  My router is the Asus RT-N66U with the latest firmware.  The router and 360 are in the same room less than 10 feet from each other.  The issue I am having is that I get disconnected from Live almost daily at random intervals.  I try to reconnect and it fails and tells me to test the network.  I go into the network settings and select wireless and it tells me to connect a wireless adapter.  It is like the internal wireless card is not there.  I reset the console and it comes back.  I can wire the console and it works fine, but we are about to move it back to my son's room where there is no wired connection.  Is there something wrong with the wireless card on this console?  I'm not having issues with any other wireless devices in the house.  Thanks for the help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi RangerLG,

It does sound like it may be a hardware problem with the internal wireless adapter.  You can try disconnecting the power cable and let it sit for 10 minutes and plug everything back up and see if the problem continues.  If the problem continues you may want to send it in for repair.

If you decide not to send it for repair you could get the USB wireless adapter or you could go with Ethernet over powerline adapters.

Keep us posted on what you find out

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.  I'm going to request a repair on the unit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.