Disconnects always when streaming

Guys - very frustrated 8 year xbox live vet.  Is this a known issue?  I was just streaming a show on YouTube.  I got 8 minutes in and the goddamn connection died.  I try and try and try to log back on but it doesn't work.  I usually have to shut down my xbox for 30 mins and then turn it back on for it to work.  When I test the connection, I always pass on the internet & router thing - as soon as it gets to xbox live it fails.  I buy a LOT of TV shows on XBL.  Same damn thing - whenever I stream, I disconnect.  Very very frustrating.  My computer does not disconnect, nor my PS3.  ONLY xbox live.  This is for sure an xbox live issue, and frankly something needs to be done about it.  Anyone else have this particular problem in that we cannot immediately reconnect?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Jocher! I understand you are having some issues with your connection's reliability. Are you able to connect fine that first time, but then disconnect later and cannot re-connect? Do you notice this issue when you do other things, like play games, download content, or just sit on the Dashboard?

I'd like to start by checking on your internet speeds. Please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Additionally, some more information about your network would help. The next time you have this issue, run a network test on your console and then post back the information requested in the bold questions of this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx). Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.