Disconnection from xbox live

Hi, I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live every 10 to 15 mins of play and using apps such as iplayer, sky player, youtube ect.
I have contacted my Internet provider and there is no fault from their side. I was wondering if their is anything i can do? My Internet provider are EE and I have a livebox-5f98 router, the wireless mode is 802.11n, network type is infrastructure (channel 11).  I have reset the router and I keep doing the Xbox live connection test and everything seems to be fine there.
If anyone could help that would be great

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 68 Applies to:

Hey there bud!

A lot of user's have been posting this similar problem. I personally, thought it was just a coincidence, however official support came in to one of my posts and said to try the following:

So try this out:

-Delete your profile ONLY (do NOT delete profile and items; here's a guide: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete).

-Clear Your System Cache 3 times in a row.

-Restart your console.

-Download your profile (use the first guide again).

Apparently, that works in cases like yours at this current time. Post back and let me know how it goes!

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hello.

I've done what you have suggested and then started to watch sky player and then after 10 mins I got disconnected. Is there anything else you can suggest please?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure thing! Sorry that didn't work out for you. Let's try some other stuff! :)

First of all, could you perform a Xbox LIVE connection test, and let us know if any errors show up?

(How to test Xbox LIVE connection):

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Connection (if you’re prompted to do so).
  4. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If any errors do appear in the test, view the Connection Error page for solutions made specifically for the error showing.

Also, have a look at the Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE for further assistance in your disconnections, and also tips and guides on how to improve your Xbox LIVE connection / speed. As well as this, if you would perform a Network Speed Test and post the results here, that would also help us narrow down the issue.

Post back and let us know how it goes! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

hello.

I've tested the xbox live connection and everthing with that is ok, no errors were shown.

My network speed test result. Ping is 28 ms, download speed is 6.36 mbps and my upload speed is 0.68

I'm unable to try a wired connection at this time. I will try the restart your network hardware solution again but I have done this before.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again!

Okay, thank you. I am a little weary of the upload speed, as the minimum requirement for that is 5mbps. But that shouldn't be the main cause of the issue, although I do recommend contacting your ISP regarding that issue. Okay, it may have said this in the support links, however could you try and disconnect every other device from your router, apart from your console, and see if there is any light that way?

Also, make sure you have the correct ports forwarded. There are 4 ports required for Xbox LIVE to run with no problem, these ports are the following:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

I recommend viewing the Xbox Network Ports | Xbox LIVE Network Ports page for further assistance in that area. Also, have a look if Universal Plug and Play is enabled.

Post back and let us know how it goes! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

I did reset my router but that did not sort out the problem. At some point  over the weekend I will check to see it I am using the right ports, I'm just not sure how to do that at this time, I will research into this.

Thank you for your help. I will let you know how I get on

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I forwarded the correct ports and updated firmware on the router but I still have the problem, getting disconnected from Xbox live every 10 to 15 mins. Is there anything else you can suggest for me to do?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Boo, hmm, have you been through all the steps in here? Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE Let's especially look at the steps for helping with wireless interference.

Sorry this didn't help.