Disconnecting/buffering while using Hulu Plus and Netfix, unable to download updates, apps, etc.

I recently upgraded router firmware and now have a problem. While the router update was needed to resolve a bandwidth issue, Xbox Live now repeatedly disconnects while streaming (Hulu Plus, Netflix) and will not download updates or apps. I'm lucky if 6 minutes will pass on Hulu or Netflix before I'm signed out. I can sign back in again immediately, but the cycle repeats. Also, downloads usually will not complete (system updates, apps, game add-ons, etc.) unless I connect to the modem directly. Online gameplay seems to work OK through the router. I have checked and re-checked all router settings, yet nothing works. I have UPnP enabled (router shows that port 3074 UDP is enabled so it appears to be working) and I have tried the suggestions on this very similar post (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/p/224948/1172804.aspx), but still no fix resolves the issue.

I have tried all of the suggested solutions I've seen - I deleted the apps and all their data, deleted and recovered my profile, cleared the cache, power cycled my cable modem and router, and reinstalled everything. NOTE: To reinstall I have to connect direct to my modem--Xbox stalls at about 16% when attempting to download Hulu Plus, for example.  I use a wired connection and have 30 mbps internet.  I am able to stream without issue in full HD when I use the Netflix or Hulu apps on my Vizio TV directly.

Here are my network test details:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA - Spokane, WA
Modem brand & model number: **** CM820A/CT
Router brand & model number: Asus WL-520GU running DD-WRT v24sp2 build 14929
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? n/a - using wired connection
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? no NAT error
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast (Xfinity)
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 20A8 - 4840
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L: 0015 - 10F0
Q: 8015 - 100C
T: WIRED
A: 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0
G: 192.168.1.1
D: 208.67.220.220/208.67.222.222

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Lobster! OK, I'm betting you have but just to make sure, have you ever tried leaving the router/modem/console all turned off at least a full ten minutes?  Sometimes that'll shake it loose. Next one  is a bit of a longshot but might be worth it: is there a way to roll back and reinstall that update on the router?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's worth a try. I don't think I have tried that.

BUT, I did finally do a hard reset on my router. That cleared all of the settings, and with that setup the problem was resolved. I slowly re-applied all of my settings and checked my ability to download Hulu Plus each time. I thought I had it licked but the problem returned.

Either it is a problem that crops up due to something that changes after use OR there's one setting that I made and it didn't reveal the problem when I tested downloading.

I'm going to start over AGAIN and see if I can ferret out the setting that is causing this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lobster, apologies for the delayed response! This is interesting! Did you reapply your settings one at a time until Hulu Plus failed downloading? If so, which specific setting was it?

Sorry this didn't help.