Disconnecting !!

Im having a problem, everytime i switch my xbox360 on after about 5mins i get disconnected only once then i dont get disconnected until i switch my xbox off then on again, it is so annoying. can any1 help 

Thanks 

Lugsyyy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Can you start with the "START HERE" sticky? Make sure to post all of the information it asks for: forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the exact same problem. Basically, I'm using the same router that I've used forever, never really had any problems with disconnecting before now. However a couple months ago I bought the new 320GB Gears of War Limited Edition Xbox, which baring in mind if meant to be wireless. However, the wireless will not connect so I have to connect wired (as I have done with every other Xbox I've had for the past 6 years).

Only problem is every 5-10 minutes it comes up "Disconnected from Xbox Live" ... yet I can sign straight back in? So it certainly isn't my internet playing up.

Only thing is, when I go on, for example, MW3, and I'm playing that online, I'll never disconnect, or if I'm playing Head to Head matches on FIFA 12', I won't disconnect.. But if I simply try to play any campaign, whether it be FIFA, Skyrim, Saints Row.. anything, it'll continuously disconnect every 5-10 minutes.. I haven't got a single clue how to solve it and it's starting to seriously bug me now..... Anyone got any suggestions on how I can fix this so I can play in peace?!

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LFC, the two things I recommend straight out of the box would be to re-download your gamer profile and, if that doesn't do the trick, resetting your network hardware. You can reset your modem and router by unplugging power to both for about 15 seconds. When restoring power, plug the modem in first, and then wait for all of the lights on the modem to come up. When those are all active, plug in the router. Once those lights are flashing normally, go ahead and run a LIVE connection test on the console. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Fitzer, thanks for the suggestions. However, I've removed the profile, and currently attempting to re-download it but the bar gets to about 50% of the way completed and just stops moving for roughly 5 minutes. Then comes up saying: "Sorry, Xbox Live Profiles cannot be downloaded right now, try again later

80070525"

Don't really know what I can do to stop this happening? Any advice?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LFC, let's take a look in memory to see if your profile is there, either in a complete or incomplete form. You can access the Gamer Profiles stored on your Xbox 360 console by going to the settings hub > system > storage. Once there, look to see what tags are listed. If there are any corrupted or incomplete profiles, try deleting those. If you see your profile, try moving it to a USB configured for use for Xbox 360. Once you've done that, please try clearing the cache, give re-downloading another shot, and then let me know how things turn out. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. I'm trying what you said now.

Sorry this didn't help.