Disconnecting

This is my first time posting so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place.

A couple of days ago, I was constantly being disconnected from Xbox Live every 5 minutes maybe less. I would join a party with friends and it would disconnect me, I would try playing Black Ops and it would disconnect me from matches and occasionally the game would freeze as it disconnects from Live so I'd have to restart my Xbox. Today, the random disconnecting has stopped but I'm still unable to join parties with friends and can only join matches by myself without my friends and talk only in game chat. I've tried joining my friend's session in progress and vice versa but still no success.

I will try answering these questions the best I can.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England
Router brand & model number:
BTHomeHub2-8K92
Network Connection Type:
Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
WPA2
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
The white adapter with the one antenna.
Things you have tried: I have unplugged the router, waited for about 30 minutes and reconnected. I have restart my router also. I have tested my Xbox Live connection a number of times, everything is fine. I have tweeked with the network settings and set everything to automatic and restored to factory defaults. I switched my adapter to a different USB port, I had some luck at joining a friends party after doing so but after about 30-60 minutes, we disconnected from Xbox Live and is now back at square one.

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
What type of internet do you have? Broadband?
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? BT
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? I don't have any error messages.

Just to add, my internet connection is completely fine. I've always had an Open NAT setting. This problem has never occured before.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A little update: Restoring factory defaults is what allowed me to join my friend's party until I was disconnected and put back at square one. I tried doing this a second time and I was able to join my friend's party again but this time, it lasted about 2 minutes before I was disconnected yet again. Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm also with bt, and having the exact same problem. Is the problem still occurring?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is also happening to my xbox and as above im also on bt broadband.  Its getting pretty annoying now as i would like to play games with friends and not keep getting kicked off live

Sorry this didn't help.

I feel  exactly the same way. Surely the xbox team need to understand this is a serious issue

Sorry this didn't help.

XBOX PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS SORTED

Sorry this didn't help.

IS THERE AN E.T.A when microsoft are gonna fix this issue

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, can everyone except the OP please post new threads with the info requested in this thread if you haven't already? http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/9.aspx

OP - you mentioned that you have changed the network settings on your gateway, but don't mention specifics. Have you opened ports or forwarded them? 

Sorry this didn't help.

can we just get the issues sorted please as i have seen its happening to quite a few people and its really annoying that im paying for xbox live but unable to use the service because i keep getting disconnected.  So please could you sort out the issues by upgrading or making an update which shall sort out everyones problems plz

Sorry this didn't help.

I will report the post on the suggested link, but there maybe many others in the same dilemma as us, and most probably don't know about  this forum site or they're simply thinking that they should go out and get a new wireless adapter (which is pretty expensive), i only found this site cause i typed my issue in google. I think that the xbox need to send a message to all users via their gamertags asking if they're experiencing any problems that are similar or just problems in general. it can save alot of time, money and some of you're loyal customers/consumers who have stuck by throughout all the dodgy red lights, having to pay for xbox live and etc.. But mostly the fact that we are paying for this service. Hopefully there will be an end to all this trouble especially before all the big games arrive i.e MW3 and the big football games. Blabbered on a bit but its very frustrating.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England

Router brand & model number: BTHomeHub2-F6FZ

Network Connection Type: Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? White adapter with the one antenna.

Things you have tried: plugged out everything from the mains including the xbox and the router, took out the wireless adapter for a day (don't ask why, just thought that would work). Restarted my router many times. I have tested my Xbox Live connection a number of times, everything is fine. I have tweeked with the network settings and set everything to automatic and restored to factory defaults.

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown

Is NAT Type Open? Yes

What type of internet do you have? Broadband

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? BT

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?No messages perfectly fine with full bars.

My router is not near any electrical appliances or anything that interferes with the signal.

Sorry this didn't help.