Disconnecting from Xbox live frequently.

I recently upgraded our Internet to a 75mbs router from Verizon, my connection has improved drastically and I deal with little to no lag at all. The problem is that about every 10-15 minutes, Xbox live disconnects me and forces me to restart my Xbox to sign back in, why does this happen so often?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there bud!

Okay, I recommend having a look at the handy dandy Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed Up Xbox LIVE page where not only will it provide solutions for your disconnections, but also advise you on how to speed up your connection for Xbox LIVE! Also, if you could perform a Xbox LIVE connection test, and see if any errors appear of which if they do all the errors and solutions specifically given for that error are on the Connection Error page. 

In terms of your network speed, could you perform a Network Speed Test and post the results so we can compare them to the minimum requirements needed to run Xbox LIVE! Also, just a few remedies, try connecting with a wired connection, as well as disconnecting any other devices connected to your router such as your iPod, iPhone, laptops etc.

Hope this helps!

Keep us posted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also you may have too many people on your bandwidth or it can be a  DDoS or DoS attack to see if that is that check if all devices lose connection if not it is probably 1 but you should do the stuff that   DARKLINK 900 said

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

I've gone through the Xbox Live Disconnects/Xbox Live Slow/Speed Up Xbox Live page and gone over all the possible problems. My router is producing great quality wifi and the problem is the wireless connection due to when I used a wired connection I had no problems. The connection on my Xbox is incredible since we've upgraded just the disconnects have not improved, any suggestions as to what it could be? I've tried all 8 solutions and none seemed to improve my current situation. Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you receive any errors when testing your Xbox LIVE connection?

No problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like the local profile is out of date or corrupted, and when an app or routine asks for data from it, it causes the involuntary disconnection. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Please do Settings | System Settings | Storage

2) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

3) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

* Re-download *

4) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

5) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

6) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

7) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

7A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

8) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

9) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

10) Sign in, and retry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, OK, so we know it's something in the wifi- that does help narrow it down!  Are there any walls or mirrors between the console and router?  Other large electronics can cause interference.  Let's try moving them closer together.  Any love that way?

Sorry this didn't help.