Disconnecting from Xbox Live every 10 Minutes...

Hey all, if somebody could help me, this would be much appreciated.

Basically, I use an ethernet cable to connect to live, don't go directly into the router, router is downstairs and I have a wall socket so it goes from my wall socket to the back of me Xbox. My previous ethernet cable was dodgy and kept coming loose at the back so I kept disconnecting from live constantly..purchased a new ethernet cable, and I still keep disconnecting from live...

It does now detect that there is an ethernet cable (so I wondered if it was the port in the back of the Xbox maybe??) It's not the wall socket cus my Ethernet Cable is 5metres so I tried my brothers wall socket also and it still does the same thing..So I disconnect..test the connection, goes through fine, connects to xbox live..start a game, 10 minutes into the game, it disconnects again...I have to then test connection to keep reconnecting. But then it doesn't even let me get half way through an online game :( Pain in the backside..

FYI - Everyone in my house uses the Internet..

I've tried resetting the router..but this still didn't help.

Anybody got any ideas please?? (Also if you're going to explain something technical to me..please talk to me in dummy language..not very good with these technical words)

Thankyouu xx

Question Info

Last updated November 3, 2018 Views 342 Applies to:

Hello Tara,

please check this link for solutions to disconnects.

support.xbox.com/.../performance

Also you might need to fix your NAT and open some ports,here you will find an easy step by step guide on how to do these things.

forums.xbox.com/.../7448.aspx

I hope these will help you.Tell us what happens once you tried them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Tara, so your house is wired for network connectivity.  All of the wall plates route back to a patch panel and then to a router.  Would you please be able to provide the make and model number of the router?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Tara xD. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Let's see what we can do to get this sorted for you.

To get started, can you please take a look at this sticky and post back your replies to the questions in bold at the bottom of the page: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/155724.aspx ? This will enable us to get the troubleshooting process started.

Thanks in advance! Standing by for your response.

Sorry this didn't help.