Disconnected Upon Signing In

The problem:

I can connect to XBL via the connection manager / test, with no reported problems, error codes, or warnings.

When I sign in to my account, I am immediately disconnected from XBL. My account is (newly minted) Gold.

Shutting off the system, plugging directly into the modem, and starting back up works fine. If this is considered a solution, then my Xbox is considered for sale.

I am using a Linksys WRT54GL. My system is an Arcade that I bought about...two years ago, I think?

I have port forwarding on AND the Xbox in the DMZ. UPnP is on. As I said, it connects to XBL fine. Until I sign in.

Some historical information:

I purchased a Kinect, which arrived yesterday. After months of well-deserved inactivity, I hooked my 360 back up. It was prompting me for an update, which didn't surprise me. What did surprise me was how resistant to installation the little *** actually was. After several hours of back and forth, trying to run network tests which dead-ended in saying I needed to update, and updates which said they couldn't connect, and I should run the network test, I finally found, buried on this site, something explaining that I could update via flash drive, which worked after only the second try.

Of course, there was another update (or two) for the Kinect, and it still wouldn't sign in to XBL until I connected it directly to the modem this morning. I was finally on XBL, and grabbed a few things from the marketplace, when I saw the 1 month gold for $1. I then made the most regrettable expenditure of $1 in my life.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Are you connecting via wired or wireless connection?

If wired, have you tried connecting to another port on your router.

What is your ISP? and since when have you been experiencing this problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm using a wired connection, and have tried two separate ports on the router. One of which hooks up to a VoIP phone with no problem, the other hooks up to a Windows 7 PC (which I use to play games, etc.) no problem.

My ISP is Cox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Apparently, Cox appears not to be an Xbox LIVE-compatible ISP according to this page ,

Since when have you been experiencing this issue?

For more clarification, please try to get in touch with their customer service and ask about the compatibility.

Sorry this didn't help.

Connecting directly through the modem works, and stays connected. I don't think it's a problem with the ISP.

I'd rather avoid calling Cox support if I can, and Xbox Live support, and the DMV, and the dentist...

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue started yesterday, after months of not using the Xbox.

I moved, but kept the same provider (Cox), and the same package and modem as the last time that I successfully connected to and used Xbox Live.

I disabled auto-sign in, and attempted to make a new profile and give it live silver. There was a little progress, and then it stopped and kindly told me to *** off (no error codes, etc. just "Nope, not going to work").

So I restarted the console again, and ran the network test without trying to access the Xbox Live <s>headache</s> service.

Everything lit up like it was fine, not even a yellow warning message, but I did have the option to press Y for status.

It gave the following "Error Code":

0000 000B

0000 F001

20A8 4840

0000 0000

FFFF FFFF

I have yet to find the hidden niche online that explains these codes.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are having issues connecting to xbox live please check the following:

>Check your internet connection (wired is plugged in and wireless is detectable)

>Run xbox live test connection

>Check you NAT Type

>Reset Connection

>Check your WPA Security key, some issues occur when your ip settings are not on automatic

>Check Xbox Live Status if its up and running support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot

If further issues occur contact xbox support via online chat or phone

Hopes This Helps You.

-ZeroThunder-

Sorry this didn't help.

since i did the upgrade I have had nothing but issues all the test i run are fine...but keeps dropping me from xbox live..no error codes nothing i'm using a wired connection (was wireless but will not connect anymore that way since i did the update) It disconnects on the lobby and in games..I have laptops that work had my internet provider on the phone for over an hour and there is no issue with my service at all.  I contacted xbox customer service and was told that it is a known issue and they are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.  I'm just pissed cuz i just renewed my gold membership the day before this started (October 29th) I mean I play daily and within 3 hours the problem started.  AHHHHH

Sorry this didn't help.

Huh...if this just started yesterday or the day before, then they'll probably have it fixed soon enough. I'm glad you saved me the call to support.

Was there a new patch in the last few days?

Sorry this didn't help.