disconnected or no connection to XBL

Hi iv been having problems with my xbox lately. For the past few months iv been battling a never ending war with my connection. Past few weeks it been HORRIBLE!!! ill connect to live with no problems (most of the time) load my game, start playing online, it does great for a while and BAM!!! you have been dissconected form live..... i get mad and cuss everyword in the dictionary, reconect to live, play my game online again for maybe 30mins with loads and loads of lag,,, friends on chat cutting out and WAM!!! back to the main menu.... The past week has been worse. Cant connect to live even tho i had good internet connection. over and over it says cant connect to live and then it finally connects with all sorts of lagging and crap and its been lockin up my console alot lately. I started playing minecraft (the smallest size game in the world at 300mb) and it has trouble loading the environments on live and then it kicks me off live,  and kills internet in the whole house. Also does it on Call of duty. cant play online at all for more then 10mins and it shuts everything off. It sucks im paying for live and cant even get my moneys worth....:(  I run a connection test on laptop from my internet provider (iland) befor during and after game play and its all over the place. BEFOR...2.8mbps download... 0.5mbps to 0.8mbps upload      DURING  1.2mbps to 0.8mbps download    0.2mbps to 0.1mbps upload......   AFTER  (after it kicks me off live) laptop freezes, internet shuts off,   5mins later internet checks out good and i still cant connect to live... We have had a tech come to the house 3 times to check stuff out and they all say OH your internet checks out fine no problems,,, but its still messing up. They said buy a new router. bough a 100 dollar one and still the same...   Iv unplugged router over and over with little to no affect to connection, iv called ilant over and over with the same BS and iv thrown everything within arms lengh, the only thing that really helps is throwing my conntroller to releve the anger that i have cause id much much rather take my xbox and run it over.  haha

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I'm guessing that you use a wireless connection? Is it possible for you to try with a wired connection? Have you made any changes to your router settings?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes and no. it wireless and i have not touched the router besides to turn it off. just talked to iland they had me hook up laptop directly and run speed test and it checked out fine but if i try to play net flix or play online it lags and shuts off internet completley...  i run speed test four or five times while online and it fluxuates everywhere. oh it does it while the xbox is off too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Mudmonster! I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Disconnection problems aren't fun but the good news is that we're here to help!

To get started, let's have you take a look at this sticky and post your responses to the questions in bold at the bottom of the page: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx. This will help us start to identify the source of the problem.

Thank you in advance! Standing by.

Sorry this didn't help.