disconnected from xbox live

I'm having a problem with staying connected to xbox live.  I will randomly, for no apparent reason get disconnected.  It doesn't matter what I'm doing, it could be watching netflix or playing a game or even doing nothing and just have it sitting on the dashboard.  Sometime it happens after just a couple minutes or a hour into use, it makes playing a game online a huge hassle and makes it difficult to watch movies or shows.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  I tried putting the problem to the email help here and all I got back seemed like a copy paste response from a manual that didn't really address the problem at all.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I get this alot aswell. I always seem to get disconnected when playing single player games; listening to music on Last FM; just on the DashBoard, etc. It seems to happen all the time and recently, I can not connect at all and when I do it is for a brief period of 1-5 minutes. I contacted my internet provider (BT) and all their so called fixes just seem to have made it worse. I really hope I get it fixed before November when all the good games come out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear OP but if you are getting "constantly" Disconnected there are a few things you can try.

First, try a direct Connection with your Modem (by-pass any Router/ Home/ Private Network). If you are still having difficulties, contact your ISP. There might be some issues that need to be resolved from their end. You might also simply be using the maximum available Bandwidth your ISP Package allows. In this case, you'll need to get a better (faster) ISP Package.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.