Hi all, sorry to be a pain with yet another 'help me' post but it's really annoying me now and there are a lot of helpful people on here!
I've had my Xbox 360(s) for over 4 years and have always connected to Live wirelessly without problems. Due to Uni work my Xbox since Christmas has been gathering dust... deadlines out the way and summer free i've blown the dust off!
Problem is that I can connect to Xbox Live (wirelessly as usual) no problem, but after random periods of time I am disconnected from Xbox Live for no apparent reason. This has been going on for well over a month now. It's at different times of the day, after varying times from being connected, and not dependant on the game; whether or not i'm actually playing on Live, watching a DVD, or on the dashboard etc.
I have not moved either my modem or XBox so don't feel it is a weak signal (looks good in the tests), and I am currently using my MAC wirelessly (although next to the router I wanted to test the wireless) to write this... so surely it can't be that.
This is a brief history of it all:
- When it first happened I tried reconnecting which it did easily... only a few minutes later (sometimes even seconds) i'm disconnected
- I presumed my Xbox had lost sync in the lack of 'use' since Christmas so I looked on xbox.com for help and followed the 'reset your wireless settings and antenna etc' fix... this seemed to do nothing as the problem remained.
- I tried 'forgetting' the wireless modem and setting up the connection again from scratch.... same outcome
Last night I then tried resetting all of my factory settings on my router and testing Xbox Live... again I connected fine and I remained connected for a while... I put Gears of War 2 in and after playing a Live game of Annex for a good 30 minutes I was disconnected. I reconnected via the dashboard and was repeatedly booted in quick succession when easily re-connecting again.
As stated I have never before had problems, or what I did struggle with I easily resolved via tinkering and google! And the time in-between disconnecting varies from seconds to hours! Also when I test the connection on the Xbox Dashboard it reports no problems?
Due to the variables Xbox.com isn't very helpful, and I have been on the phone for over an hour in a queue with Sky Broadband!.. that's why i'm trying here for help.
- XBox 360 Super Elite (250 gig one that came with Forza 3)
- XBox Live Wireless antenna thing (with two prongs not one)
- Wireless Sky Broadband (unlimited)
- SAGEM Sky Router thing (think it's called Sagem Fast 2504)
Also, I haven't tried wired connection - as to be honest - I don't have a cable long enough, the modem is already wired under the carpet, I would have to run a cable through two doors and up the stairs... and as it's been fine in the past and never had lag I don't see why I should have to go wired.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, my Xbox is pretty much redundant without Live :( In return for help I will send you years of good luck... please :D