Disconnected From Xbox LIVE

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I run a wireless connection and just went out today to get a new 150 dollar linksys router. I find a game thAT does it most with is battlefield bad company 2. it gets me mad that i pay 50 dollars a year for live and just bought a new router to find it still not working. My xbox 360 s console is about 1 floor up and 3 rooms away from the router. I get one bar of signal strength. Xbox live works for about 10 minutes, then it says i was disconnected from xbox live. it only started this about a month ago and i have had my xbox for about seven months. so i dont know if this is a problem on live or if it is my router/wireless connection .

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can barely understand your post but I'll try to see what I can do.

You recently bought a $150 Linksys router, and you found a game that doesn't work with it?  This problem is frequently caused by the router not communicating with XBox Live, or the EA server.  Oh yeah, if this is a brandnew router that is brandnew on the market, this issue should be common.  Oh yeah, this issue is the router itself, not Microsoft.

Before doing anything technical with the router, check if you can run a stable wired connection.  If you still disconnect, then it is time to troubleshoot.  (Warning:  I don't take any responsibility what happens.)

Check and see if your router appears on:

http://www.portforward.com

If it doesn't, you should either contact the retailer of the router or your ISP.  (Internet Service Provider)

Sorry this didn't help.

i would recommend trying to move the router closer in range of your xbox 360, having 1bar signal for wireless is not that stable and can sometimes drop from 1 bar to no signal in range. Try to get at least 2 to 3 bars as this will most likely prevent the problem your having. or try moving your xbox closer to the router if thats possible in the slightest. just to see how many bars you can pull from that far away. :) hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.