Disconnected from Xbox Live Repeatedly when Playing BF3.

Greetings,

We have 2 xbox's connected to our router by CAT5 lines, so this is not a wireless issue. Since Battlefield 3 issued its Premium Update this issue has started and is random in nature. When playing BF3, and only when playing BF3, we keep getting random disconnects from Xbox Live. Most people will point towards a network issue, but that is not the case, we have a premium broadband service, and I have 2 computers attached as well, we have been operating this setup for years with no issues, and nothing has recently been changed. The computers are not loosing internet connection, the Xbox's do not get kicked at the same time, which would be the case if the network is cutting out. It is not a bandwith issue, as it happens when I am alone also.

I played today and in the course of 30 minutes I was disconnected from Xbox Live 5 times, at random intervals. After a boot, I must restart BF3 or it will not let me join anything. Once BF3 is restarted and the xbox live connection is re-established I have no problems, I can join as I should.

This is happening to both xbox's and only on BF3, and not at the same time, which leads me to believe the issue is outside our home network.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what Xbox is doing to rectify this? A google search of the internet showed me that many other Xbox users playing BF3 are experiencing the same effects, however none of the posts could explain why.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 47 Applies to:

Might be an issue on the Developer side. I would relay this message to their forums and see what other's say. Sounds to me game specific.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.