Disconnected from Xbox Live constantly

Hello! The past few days have been rough on my gaming experience. At first I couldn't connect to Xbox Live at all. I did what was recommended and tested my Xbox Live connection. I recieved an error during the first process, so I unplugged my Xbox and router for a minute and it started working a bit. Though, when I play a game such as NHL 13 or Black Ops 2, I get disconnected RIGHT AFTER a game. Not during, but after. I don't know if it's my ISP (Telus) as my internet is working fine but on Xbox everything is laggy. At some points a game like NHL 13 tells me the servers aren't available but I see my friends playing it online.

Help please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Check if anyone is using your connection. For example, whenever I turn on my HD TV I disconnect. I tried it 3 times so I'm sure. Also, when I play some games and my sis uses her computers I always lose connection to the host every 15 min.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There's usually atleast 1 person in my household that uses the connection as well. But there has been no major problems (after 5-6 months of having the Xbox) until now. I'm not too sure that is the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

What sort of connection are you using on the XBox? Wired or wireless?

I have had similar issues using the wireless but the wired worked like a charm.

Sorry this didn't help.

i would try port triggering, here is a link.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

id so do a netspeed test.

Sorry this didn't help.

it may be that who ever played against you (lost or win) my have got mad at you so he hit you with an DDoS or DoS (denial of service or distributed ) that knocks out your internet completely for a short time if that is it contact Verizon/Telus and say you are geting hit with an DDoS or Dos attack they will change your ip address and hunt down that guy because it is illegal.  

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings!

Okay, in terms of your error appearing when testing Xbox LIVE connection, view the Connection Errors page for specific solutions based on the error you get. Also, you may want to review the Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed Up Xbox LIVE page for more advice on your disconnections from LIVE. Could you also perform a Network Speed Test and post the results here if you can, this may help us figure the issue out for you.

In relation to the EPC's post on network ports, here is some more additional information which may be included in the link he provided but it is just so you have a brief understanding on what network ports are etc...

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

Ports are a specific router setting allowing certain connections to be passed, of which the above, are for Xbox LIVE. The link provided in EPC's post will assist you further in enabling these ports. Also, try connecting with a wired connection, disconnecting other devices such as phones, laptops from your router allowing more bandwidth for you console.

Keep us posted!

Sorry this didn't help.