Disconnected Frequently

State: Indiana, USA
Modem brand & model number: **** (Insight), TM602G
Router brand & model number: D-Link, DIR-615
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?: Internal

Things I've have tried: Resetting modem/router/xbox
Is UPnP Enabled?: Unknown
Is NAT Type Open?: Open
Any Error Codes you encounter:
W: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-4840
Z: 0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF
What type of internet do you have?: Cable
Who is your ISP?: Insight
I have absolutely NO idea what is going on with my connection to XBL over the past two days. Ever since about 4pm EST, I've had to reset my router/modem every five minutes. Since my router/modem are downstairs in the basement, and I play upstairs on the ground floor, after the 5th or 6th reset, I stopped playing and didn't even TOUCH my Xbox until today. Everything was fine until about 8pm. Then the same problem happened over. And over. And over.
First my Xbox tells me I am connected to XBL. But when I try to sign on, I get the oh-so familiar "Please test your connection" message. So I test the connection again. It's perfectly connected to XBL. Yet again, I sign on. And yet again, the same message covers my screen. I've never had ANY problems with XBL until now, and it is irritating me to death. I hate not being able to talk to my friends, play games online, or anything that XBL offers.
I was seriously making a video of what the Xbox tells me. Ironically when I start recording the video, it connects with no problems. It also stays connected. That is, until I turn the camera off. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well I would contact Xbox Customer Support at 1800-4-MY-XBOX, they will help you with this issue by helping with trouble shooting steps. I wish I can help you more on this issue. Have a great day!

-TG TRYHARD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, as a test is it possible to try wired? If it works ok wired you can concentrate on trying to resolve the wireless side of things.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would try wired, but that would mean getting an extremely long cable, as my Xbox is upstairs on the opposite side of the house.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok well try experimenting with different wireless channels to see which one is best for you it can make a big difference

Sorry this didn't help.