Disconnected every 5 minutes! Please help!

I'm so fed up. This has been going on for about a year now, and no one seems to be able to help me. Xbox support suggests that it could be my cable provider (Comcast), as we our testing shows that I can indeed connect to XBL just fine. [I have the TC8305C modem box by the way. I think it was this switch that made it worse? Not sure.]

Anywhere from just a few minutes to maybe an hour of online play, I'm disconnected from XBL. I can do anything else on XB just fine (Hulu, Youtube, play offline, etc) rarely ever being signed out of XBL. It's extremely frustrating, especially when I'm grinding to level up and treasure hunt on Destiny.

I've contacted Comcast, and they don't seem to know squat about what to do, other than what may already be on their computer. A lot of my friends say it can be an IP or NAT problem, or something about firewall restrictions, but I have no idea how that stuff works. I've looked it up, and have followed sorts of odd instructions, but nothing helps?

I'm pulling my hair out at this point, I just want to play! Does anyone have any advice?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Greetings HoneymoonRoyale!

I've dealt with users that have been using TC8305C as their primary gateway for at least one year up to this date.

The problem with the Technicolor 8305C and connectivity to Xbox Live started in October last year, after Comcast pushed out a new firmware for this device and despite new versions since then, it's still unreliable in conjunction with connectivity to Xbox Live, as you've probably already noticed.

I would recommend (as I've did with so many others with a smiliar issue as yours) that you reach out to Comcast and have them know about your situation along with the information provided in this thread.

Make Comcast configure your TC8305C to be operating in bridge mode. In this mode, the TC8305 will no longer operate as a router along with NAT (Network Address Translation) operations.

After this mode has been configured from your ISP's end, you will have to use/connect your own selected choice of router/NAT to your TC8305C, which after it has been configured by your ISP, will only operate as a standard modem.

I wish this has been informative for you and that you will find a resolution to your situation.

Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.