Disconnected every 3-4 hours.

For the last week i have been disconnect from xbox live every 3-4 hours. When im playing or whatching something on netflix or simply turning on the xbox sometimes and i cannot connect to internet. My other devices still connected to internet but the only way to reconnect my xbox is restarting the modem. Sometimes i got disconnect from games (EX: Battlefield 3) showing a disc error but i can't find a connection between the disc and xbox live (also the disc is almost new).

This start to happend like 1 day before a instability in xbox live in Chile (CL)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

If that doesn't fix it *please* first

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Select the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and play!

Good luck, and please check back to let us know if it solved the problem or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Still getting disconnected. I have cleared the cache several times already and didn't work, still getting disconnected from games and stuff.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any suggestions? still getting disconnected in games. It could be a hardware error?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xJosewx"]

Any suggestions? still getting disconnected in games. It could be a hardware error?

[/quote]

Is your console connected wirelessly or via ethernet cable?

If wirelessly, can you please (just for testing purposes) try to connect the console to your router with an ethernet cable, and see if the disconnects still happen?

If you are unable to try a cable, or the disconnects still happen, try also the following:

On your computer, open up a command prompt (on Windows press "Windowskey + R", then type "cmd" in the small window and press OK. On Mac or Linux systems simply open a Terminal window).

With the command prompt window open, type the following command:

ping www.google.com -t

(when you use a Mac or Linux simply omit the -t option).

You should ideally see rows upon rows of numbers.

Now play on your Xbox console or watch a movie.

As soon as you see the console disconnects, go to your PC and look at the command prompt (and maybe scroll up a bit).

Have the numbers changed significantly, or is the windows showing something completely different?

Sorry this didn't help.

im always connected via ethernet cable, and also try once with wireless connection but same problems. I tried what you said and nothing different registered on the ping log. This is only in games, i watch a lot of netflix today and nothing happends, but in games even in singleplayer i got disconnected from XBL. This could be an Hardware problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey xJosewx! This is a bit late in the game, but for good measure can you review our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and post back the details requested in bold? This will let us get a look at the error codes you're receiving and show us more about your current network set up. I appreciate it! :)

Sorry this didn't help.