Disc unreadable?

Console keeps telling me the disc is unreadable mid game quite often, the problem is, my discs are perfect condition and my console is nigh on new ( Halo 4 edition slim)

If anyone could help me out id be really greatful. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hello CamoFoxDC,

This usually is a result of smudges on a disc or can possibly be a small scratch. Often when they have small scratches places like Used Local Game Shops/Video Stores will buffer your discs for a small fee (typically a dollar or two). You could also try installing the discs to the hard-drive and then playing them off there so they don't freeze, this is space consuming though.

Does it only tell you it for a certain game or every game?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No its every game,and like i said, the discs are flawless and the consoles under a year, and even with the games ive installed i still get the error messages

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again CamoFoxDC,

So I've looked and looked for a solution to the problem. it seems it is an error with the laser lens. Now you could Request a Repair but I know most people don't want to go out and pay that much money on a repair when their warranty runs out. If you have a warranty still I would Request a Repair otherwise I'd recommend going to somewhere like a GameStop and picking up a Xbox 360 Laser Lens Cleaner run it a few times and see if this works out for you. This does fix some of the issues people have had with Un-readable Discs.

Other than this, I don't think their is much of a solution, if the lens cleaner doesn't work it would probably need the to be adjusted.

Hope this helps you out!

Sorry this didn't help.