Disc unreadable error

My modern warfare 3 is not working even though there are minimal scratches on the disc. My fifa 13 works fine even though it has more scratches on it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there edwardinho t,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. It might be that there is simply too much dust inside the disc tray which is blocking the the laser from reading your disc. This may well be the case and the easiest to try and fix this is to simply try and blow some of the dust out. It is strange that another disc works though, which leads me to believe that it also could be a problem with your Modern Warfare 3. If the dust isn't the problem then you can try cleaning the Modern Warfare disc  by looking here: www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Game-Disc

Let us know if this works for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A lot depends on where the scratches are and how deep. If all your other games are working, it's probably the M.W.3 disc. I would try it on another X Box to see if it works. Do you have the game installed? If not, you may be able to borrow a friends disc or possibly rent the game to install. It is possible your disc will work enough for the authentication and you can use it that way.

>

Hope this helps, J.R.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Another possible explanation is your parental content settings as sometimes, if not properly set up, will prevent you from playing M rated games on your console. You could try to reset your content controls completely and set them up again. Like rocky619619 said, a dusty lens is also a common problem. I would also check the center of the disc and look for cracks as those can sometimes pop up out of no where and spread to disc itself. Another thing to try is to get a hold of another copy and try that...either borrow one first and try it out or go to the full extent of replacing it. You can take it into a gamestop or eb games and trade it in even if its defective. You wont get full credit for it but its still money for a game that doesnt work that you can use towards getting a new copy. If the game still doesnt work, you might want to contact a support rep via live chat and they can walk you through several troubleshooting tactics.

Sorry this didn't help.