Disc Swap Problems

I installed max payne disc 1 into my hard drive and then when I went to the dash board to put in disc 2 it said unrecognized disk so then I uninstalled disc one and played disc one till it says " insert disc 2" so when I did my xbox just kept running and reading and wouldn't load up my game... And I did try out my other games and they work fine please help.  I tried clearing system cache, restarting and disconnecting everything for 30 secs the only thing I haven't done is removed the hard drive.

P.S. when I was playing max payne disc one before I installed it it was hot which made me install it in the first place.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

It seems to me that there is a definite issue with your 2nd disc for the game. If all other games are working fine (including your 1st disc installed or uninstalled from the hard drive) then it would mean that there is an issue with the 2nd disc. You can contact the game retailer you purchased this game at within 14 days and they will honor an exchange as long as you have your receipt. The game manufacturer offers a 90 day warranty with proof of purchase as well, their information can be found by going to the game booklet and looking towards the back under "Warranty and Support".

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ok nvm it works my xbox was acting weird but should i just replace my xbox?  Also my xbox is kinda hot how hot is it supposed to be?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well if it's fine now, and it was acting weird it could just be a hiccup, not something that you should be concerned about at the moment. If this happens more often with more of your discs coming up as unrecognized then you'd need to follow the instructions here. As far as it being kinda hot, just make sure that the XBOX 360 is well ventilated, it can get pretty warm but not scolding warm where it will actually burn your hand, if it is getting that hot where it's physically hurting you in some way then please stop using it and contact XBOX Support via phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok well its not like scolding hot its just when i touch the vent its noticably hot and when I turn on the xbox for the first time I hear the fan gears lightly spin and I thought I'm not supposed to hear anything

Sorry this didn't help.

You will definately hear the fan starting up. I can always hear mine. As fas as the game goes, it sounds like it could be a disc problem. The disc could be damaged without it even being visible. Sometimes, the game manufacturers use a low quality disc that is easily damage by heat, and you will not see any damage, but the disc will not play.

Sorry this didn't help.

the thing is is that disc 2 worked before and then suddenely didn't work after I installed disc 1 but it works now, its just the fan sounded a little bit different

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Kromecyde! It sounds like everything is up and running now, which I'm glad to hear! Will you let us know if any of these issues are persisting. :)

Sorry this didn't help.