Disc read error, multiple issues, why did i buy?

Bought the xboxone on 30th April 2014, always had Playstation but thought I'd give xbox a try, what's the worst that could happen?

1/ Somehow they set my account to US, easy to change to UK but have to wait "5-7 days" for full change to take place, so had for five days and not had access to all content.

2/ Signed up for xboxlive and received an e-mail two hours later saying i'd cancelled it, tried signing up again but it wouldn't let me use same card "used on too many accounts... try removing and adding.." so tried that, still didn't work. Noticed an alert for account issues so decided to leave till next day, contacted support... "ah... you can't subscribe to xboxlive because you removed and added the card in the same day...", actually i did that in response to issue, cue circular argument for a few minutes.... got sorted in end but couldn't use xbox for first day.

3/ Online account isn't set up for xboxone apparently, which is why online it thinks i have a 360, not the end of the world but Microsoft seriously haven't sorted this yet?

4/ Bought Assassins Creed Black Flag..... and can't use it because the disc drive is faulty.. so have to post back to Amazon, wait three days for processing then wait for another to be delivered...? 

So I've had the xboxone for five days [with return probably won't get replacement till next week so nearly two weeks after purchase i can finally use?], have had numerous issues as above [not including issues with the Kinect], not had full functionality, can't watch blu-rays or use all of store.... I'm going back to Playstation, no wonder they are up in sales, will wholeheartedly recommend to rest of friends to go PS4.

I may have just been really unlucky but from what I've seen others are complaining so...

Also, you can't ship with rechargeable battery pack? I have to pay £20 for one?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

My console works about 99% of the time and when it glithes, it is just minor things.  The Xbox is a great system.  Just hang in there!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OK, sounds like a lot of misinformation here so lets clarify:

1) These consoles are sold and come regionalized.  If you set up your account on a US server and tried to install it on a UK console, YOU did it wrong.

2) So I will be the first to say that setting up an account can be a little confusing.  They have a lot of security measures you have to jump through and all your info on your account has to be verified as well.  And when it comes to billing information, the security it 10x as tight.  But for all that, which again it comes down to you setting it up wrong, you have to remember that Microsoft hasn't been in the news because they've been hacked and leaked peoples credit card info all over the web.

3) Again, not sure what you're doing wrong, but almost every other person (who knows their log in info) was able to seamlessly sign into their accounts they had on the 360 without any issue.

4) The ODD (Optical Disc Drive) failures have been one of the more prominent issues with the new system, that's just a known fact.  Just like the PS4 blue light issue because of a catastrophic hardware failure.  At least with a busted ODD I can still play downloaded games and watch Netflix.

The system isn't perfect, and I'm sorry your first supposed foray into Xbox waters was mired by a bad experience.  That being said, the sales numbers are almost dead even, and the PS4 even came out first.  Won't be too long before they get passed by for the more reliable system.

Not to mention the 1.7 OS update for PS4, shame shame shame.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not after an argument,  venting frustration (tearing hair out when wrote above).

1/ Bought from Amazon.co.uk so would have assumed got UK console,  if got US console then maybe amazon's fault?

2/ The jumping through hoops for security wouldn't have been an issue of they hadn't cancelled my xboxlive account.

3/ Signing into a 360 account isn't the issue,  as stated I have an xboxone (never had an xbox360, so first account), online support told me that this is same for everyone,  interested to know if anyone else in same situationl with xboxone can sign in to online account and gets xbox360 info.

4/ reach console had issues true, just seemed like I have a lot,  ODD error was last straw.

Appreciate the response,  taking a few days to cool down then making decision.

Sorry this didn't help.