Disc on the wrong side...

A bit of a light-hearted discussion really, of course it's no big problem but does anybody else find it ever so slightly annoying that Microsoft have decided that the disc goes on the left hand side of the case now?

Right back as far as I can remember (which would be VHS), the thing you want is on the right hand side, and now the Xbox team has just come along like "yeah, this belongs here now". Why oh why did they think that was a good idea? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Didn't ps3 start that trend?

Nope, I have a PS3 and all the games are just in standard Blu-Ray cases but made of clear plastic instead of blue. PS4 still has them on the right hand side too. It's just the Xbox team playing silly buggers.

[quote user="dansassaman"]

Didn't ps3 start that trend?

[/quote]

he is talking about where the game sits in the case not where the drive is placed 

I personally prefer it where it is now, the way i open the case now means i can support the back of the case where the disc is with my left hand, meaning i don't have the shuffle the case anymore to remove discs.

Probably won't ever see this since I am going fully digital this gen.

I prefer it this way.  Most people are right handed so you hold the case with right hand on back of case and left hand opening cover side, while left hand is already holding case I use the right hand to grab game.  Not sure if this was their reasoning but it makes sense to me, or they are trying to attract attention?

No issues for me except for getting the blu-rays out, even pressing the centre in, it still feels like you're going to snap the disk getting it out :O)

I just turn it upside down to take it out of the case lol I kid. But yeah it is strange and different.

[quote user="Whagi"]

No issues for me except for getting the blu-rays out, even pressing the centre in, it still feels like you're going to snap the disk getting it out :O)

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't see why everyone can't just adopt the push release that's in 360 and PS2 games. The rigid thing in the middle makes every game change something to worry about.