Disc not being read randomly.

So a couple of things have happened with my new Xbox One over the weekend.. For the most part it runs like a dream... Everything operates just fine but twice I put in a disc and it could not read the disc, no noise was made and a simple eject and put the disc back in, fixed that issue completely. Also the other day my Xbox would not turn off, I did it via voice command and it would show bright white and then dim down then the kinect light would go out and it would cycle back to the bright white.... It was very strange and I fixed that just by holding the power button... It hasn't done it since.

So basically I wanted to document my finds and I'm wondering if I should take it back to gamestop or wait for a couple of weeks and then take it back, let a batch or two go by... Or seeing as it is... fairly functional, just to stay with the one that I have and assume that nothing will get worse...? 

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Mine starting doing that. I played fine Friday and Saturday. Come Sunday morning I put a bluray movie in, and it wouldn't read the disc. I switched over to a gamedisc and same thing, but this time the crunching, whirring sound happened. I turned off the console, disconnected it, and shook it a bit hoping desperately something would happen. Guess what, it started working again. So it works here and there when it wants to, but I'm already receiving a replacement after talking to MS last night. I would suggest you get a replacement as it is only going to get worse

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have had my xbox one since launch and it has run like a dream but every since the launch of titanfall

I have had it randomly not want to read a game its happend twice once a week since I installed and got the titanfall update but I take the game out and put it back in runs like a dream so I have to ask whats the deal Microsoft I got a launch ps4 runs like a dream

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm reviving this post... I literally bought my X-Box a day and a half ago and bought two games: Shadow of Mordor and Destiny. Was playing Shadow of Mordor for an hour so and was going to switch over to Destiny. Popped Destiny in, said it couldn't read the disc. Tried again, still couldn't read it. Popped Shadow of Mordor back in, and now it couldn't read it even though I had been playing it five minutes earlier. Reset the system and still nothing. Hopefully, like some of you guys, it'll start working again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, LustGlenny! This thread is a bit old. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums! :)

Sorry this didn't help.