disc games to data

i love my xbox but its old and my disc drive is dead i get my games from on demand and actually prefer data than a disc i have a bunch of disc games i cant play and i was hoping some one could tell me if there is any way to get my games from the disc to my hard drive thanks in advance

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Even if the games are on your HDD, the 360 requires the disc to be in the drive for it to play. [moderator deleted]

There are still some of those Xbox HD DVD players out there for sale. I'll be honest though...I have no idea if they will play games too? If they do then that would be a solution for cheaper than a console. (Im gonna go read up on it)

Personally though I'd say time to get a nice new slim. :)

[quote user="kilaM0Mjaro"]There are still some of those Xbox HD DVD players out there for sale. I'll be honest though...I have no idea if they will play games too?[/quote]No, they do not play games. They are for DVD or HD DVD video playback only.

Ah bummer. Thanks Ice.

Yeah sorry Pachek, They will never allow a complete transfer becuase it would be a major loop hole in copyright protection. I agree with several people here. First, install games to the HDD to limit drive access during play. Second as KilaMOM mentioned, it's almost time for a "Slim" upgrade. As the chances get closer for the next gen Xbox, the deals on the current  system will be getting better.  Good luck with your disc drive!  Cheers M8!

I would upgrade to the slim and use a transfer cable.