Disc Drive working intermittently

I have noticed that my Xbox One is making a significant clunking/grinding noise when disc are inserted into it.  Sometimes the Xbox will read and play the disc after a sight delay and other times it desn't recognize the disc at all.  I'm worried it will fail at any point.  What is your suggestion?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

It does sound like you are having a disc drive issue. Is your console standing up, or lying down. It needs to be lying down, fyi. If the noise is persistent, then perhaps you should do a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had this disc reading issue and got an advance exchange arranged. Got a new console, sent my broken one back and then happy days. Unfortunately now my replacement unit is intermittently showing the grinding issue after a few weeks of use. I reported this to MS on Saturday and they informed me it had to be passed on to a "higher department" (whatever the hell that means). It's now late in the day on Thursday and getting close to a week since I reported it and I haven't heard a thing. I chased MS via the chat client and the agent said he couldn't do anything to hasten the progress of my issue.

I'm quite dissapointed - every time I've dealth with MS over hardware issues in the past (360 or One) the service has been exceptional. Seems as long as it can be dealt with by the support centre you're golden but the other departments are clunky, beaurcratic and not remotely consumer focused. I work for a business that is a leader within its industry and I would be horrified to find out that we would drag our heels dealing with consumers like this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.