Disc drive not functioning or reading game disc

i contacted customer support and told them my issue and they informed me that my xbox is out of warranty and I'd have to pay $130 to have it replaced. I think this is unfair and not very good customer support on $600 console that should have a shelf live longer than a year and a half and furthermore I have seen were there where issues with the disc reader and Xbox was replacing the reader. I have 2 Xbox ones and rarely use the one with the issue and I believe that if its a manufacturer issue that Microsoft should fix it whether it is in warranty or not! Please help me stay a happy xboxone owner and keep me from going to Sony who has had no issues and has happy gamers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey dude,

Unfortunately that is just the way it is :( If the console is out of warranty, then there is really nothing that can be done to put it back in warranty

Had a similar thing happen with a TV, I didn't use it for a year, turned it on and it was broken, but couldn't get it repaired under warrantly despite it being a known manufacturing problem with the TV.

It sucks, but its just the way it is unfortunately. I hope you get it sorted anyways mate

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.