Disc Drive Issues

Hi all.  During the last few weeks after the April update was installed, I found that my Xbox will try to load a game and splash back to the dashboard.  Most times if I click on the icon of the game, the game will start.  I noticed that I have no issues with Titanfall because that game always starts without going to the dashboard.  I tried powercycling the Xbox by pressing the power button for 10 seconds and wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.  I even unplugged the Xbox from the surge protector and waited 2 minutes until I plugged it back in.  I couldn't play some blue rays before I unplugged/cleared the Xbox One cache.  My blue rays work better, but I still have some games splash to the dashboard.  I recently purchased the Rocky Heavyweight blue ray collection.  It was like pulling teeth to play those blue rays!  I was able to play some of them and others I can't play at all! I was able to play them on my PS3.  I know that many Xbox One users are complaining of the same/similar issues.  I have a hunch that it is a software issue because I didn't experience these issues since I bought the Xbox in 12/13 until the April update.  Thank you for taking the time to read this frustrating lengthly message!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Poker! Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, can you tell us whether or not you're involved in the Preview Program?

Also, I see that you've tried powering your console off, waiting 30 seconds, etc. Just to be sure, please give these steps a shot as well:

• Press and hold the power button on the console for 5-10 seconds until the console powers off completely.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Unplug the console from the power outlet.
  • Plug the console back into the power outlet.
  • Power the console on.

I realize that many of those are repeat steps from before, however I just want to make sure we've given that a full try. Let us know how that goes as well as whether or not you're in the preview program. We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Similar to POKER7275, I seem to have issues whenever I'm playing COD: Ghosts. I bought the console in 12/13 as well, and didn't have any problems until up about two months ago. I've had 4 instances where I've had to completely reset the console back to factory settings to get the game to start working again. Twice I got black screens after the initial COD log in screen, then right now it's freezing at the Ghost Mask log-in screen. I'm tired of having to restore to factory settings since it takes a couple of hours, and just tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game itself to see if that works.

Any suggestions?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.