Disc Drive Help

So when I insert a disc (game, cd, dvd, blu-ray) my disc drive will stay silent and not play the disc. So I will eject it and try again, now I have a grinding noise, does it work? No, I get an eject disc and try again message. So I eject again, and again, and again. Usually around the fifteenth time of ejecting and re-inserting I will get a grinding noise and then my disc will play. A hard restart will fix the issue for the day, but I don't want to have to make my console go through a hard reboot every day, just to watch a movie. I rarely use my console for gaming anymore but I want the freedom to play games too.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

Hi MOnK 1213, 

That is definitely not a normal noise from the disc drive, and it sounds like the drive is experiencing a hardware failure. Does a hard reboot always fix this issue? If it does then it could be software / firmware related. See if you can go to settings, then power and startup, and then selecting "Energy Saving Mode". This basically makes the Xbox turn off rather than going to sleep. If the issue persists with this, and doing the hard reset, then as stated above it does sound like a hardware issue to which you would need to do a repair at the link below. 

Xbox Service Center 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.