Disc does not Eject - Tried Manual Eject

I got the new Ryse game and inserted the disc for installation.

A little while into the install I get a notification saying, game is ready to start. I believe this is the new setup in which you can start playing the game even though it is not fully installed yet.

Anyway, I didn't bother, I continued watching TV and let it install completely. A little while later I get a notification saying Installation Stopped. When I looked at the notification it said something about disc error. I need to insert disc or if the disc is already inside take it out, clean it up and put it back in.

When I tried to eject the disc, it did not come out. I switched off and on, still didnt work. I checked the help section and found the method to manually eject. I tried it, the paper clip went a long way in, with a little bending and all, however the disc did not pop out.

I checked the support section and it seems they will only be available tomorrow morning.

Posting this here to check if anyone else faced the same issue?

And also in the hope that someone has a solution for me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4,558 Applies to:

Having the same issue. i was able to use the paperclip method... but i shouldn't have to do that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just keep persevering, I was in the same boat as you when COD Ghosts install stopped. The paper clip has to go in a little further than you'd expect. You'll get it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea.. Everything was working awesome, and I was impressed. Put in a game, and played for a bit, and wanted to change games and.... The Eject Button is jammed in. Doesn't move or click. Sucks. I can still play I guess but will have to manually eject lol. I can't find any way to eject through the OS. How stupid is that

Sorry this didn't help.

They should have at least included a paperclip with the X1,  

Sorry this didn't help.

Sarcastic comments aside, had it actually finished installing yet? I know you got the message saying it had, but you also got a 'disc error', so you might actually have a faulty game disc.

Sorry this didn't help.

The disc may be faulty as the installation did not complete. However, that is a problem for a later time, for now I can't get the disc to come out, even using the paper clip.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok I am closing this thread. I took the Xbox one to a friend's place for troubleshooting, thinking maybe I don't know how to use a paperclip.

Guess what, we plug the box in, he presses the eject button and the disc came out as if there was never any problem. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having the same problem with the paper clip. Make sure it is going straight in. Then once it feels like the paper clip won't go any further, apply more pressure until you start to feel the paper clip move further inside. Then keep pushing until you see the disc start to come out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got my call of duty ghost disc stuck in my xbox for about a day or so. So I read a forum that told me to buy a paperclip to stick in the side of my xbox to try and manually take the disc out. So I went to wal mart and bought a paperclip and tried it when I got home and still there was no luck. Then at work the next day I got one of the heavy duty paper clip and went home to try it out, and it worked. You have to apply a lot of pressure and then the disc will pop right out. But make sure you use a heavy duty paper clip or this will not work whatsoever. Good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there T33Zem PLEASEem!

This thread is fairly old and the OP hasn't come back in a while, but we appreciate you offering the helpful tip to your fellow gamers! I would suggest in the future to keep your eye on the support forums for more recent threads that pop up to help those that need assistance, currently. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.