Disappointed

Xbox one for Xmas so disappointed! Touted as entertainment system yet has hardly any of the features the xbox 360 has including apps inability to easily connect to your home network and files which was so easy on 360, aren't things supposed to get easier?? 1) constantly freezes on startup! No waiting any length of time works. It's so frustrating sometimes just wanna watch tv but then have to mess about round the back to change the leads just to watch tv! 2) tv in put slows any menu selection and freezes sky tv, never had sky freeze ever but constantly have to reset the system! 3) sky tv input now not recognised can't get tv through it ( new problem yesterday) only had it Xmas day!! 4) xbox on command lol! Hasn't worked yet! Tried everything ! 5) voice commands goes to sleep find yourself shouting at it but still no response, yet other times no problems at all ( but hey isn't it great on the adverts)! 6) where's all the apps?? Entertainment system yet less entertainment features than the 360! 7) game releases?? Many great ones advertised for release what happened? 8) face recognition it's happened twice, and I'm 36 yet it recognised a 11 year old boy as me yesterday lol great! 9) upload a music cd ??? Was bought this by my wife for me and my son and loved the idea of the home entertainment system and for how much it cost it's a joke! Very disappointed to say the least, it's far from finished and feel the race to release at the same time has ps4 has really set the xbox back because of all the complaints I've heard and seen in the internet since searching re all the problems I've had. I've never had a playstation, hate the controllers for a start but will be taking this back and getting a ps4! I would have kept it but after seeing all the negative feedback regarding the same tech issues as I've had myself and yet microsoft haven't done a system update yet or offered any kind of solution to them. It's a half finished system that shouldn't have been released. They won't even say what's happening regarding the apps ! Yes I do realise things will get better after time and further development of the apps, software etc, but as a consumer why should I pay the full price now for a half finished product! Sad :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

well thanks for your imput, have a safe and healthy gamer life with sony. the xbone is a new system and is not perfect and is being patched, but if you think ps4 has no problems your going to be mistaken. i assume this is your first game system launch. good luck and happy gaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well my disappointment isn't with the console but with support on replacing broken stuff, that being said I suggest you visit sony's version of their support forum......it be pretty busy too.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Lol omg I take it this is your first console launch??? Get a life, as a consumer purchasing a console at full launch price of £450 from a trusted experienced supplier one expects extensive tests and forethought to have taken place before it's release.  If it was a few teething problems I can understand but it just doesn't do the basic tasks it is meant to! Turn on! Voice commands, play tv through the system which microsoft have based a massive part of its ad campaign on these features, so as a consumer paying £450 for a system which is inferrer ( not on paper of course ) to it's predecessor I think I have thei have the right to complain.

Sorry this didn't help.

I personally always wait 6 months - 1 year so I never encounter these problems if I didn't wait I would end up smashing the device haha. In my opinion bar the terrible reliability the xbox 360 is perfect and will do me until support has ended.

Sorry this didn't help.

The PS4 has at least as much problems. A friend of mine had 3 days where he coulden't play online due Sony servers in the first 2 weeks alone. Give it some time.

Sorry this didn't help.