Disappointed with BF3 X360

I have the intentions to buy Battlefield 3 for the PC, I always did. I was also considering buying the xbox 360 version because I always thought my PC wouldnt be able to handle the game because my pc has awful graphics card. So I threw PC version of the game out of the window, all my friends are getting it for the Xbox 360. After look at the meta score of the game on the 360, I am pretty flabbergasted by the atrocious score. It only got 85 which is a huge flop as Bad company got 92. In System wars, this game was hyped to pieces and it seems this game did not live up to its hype. Although I think this game will be great for the PC but in this economy, i doubt people have the money and time to upgrade their specs every year to play games on decent frames and resoulutions. This game got a 93 which is great but that is not the main focus as I am not getting this game for PC. Also another big thing, this game's user score is terrible which tells me that people are not liking this game therefore it is a huge flop. I played the beta and I did not like it. Shall I buy this game or shall I get it for christmas? I dont want to waste my money on a game that is inferior to Bad company 2. Please, I'm in a dilemma whether I should get this game. Any help will be appreciated as always. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Already being discussed = forums.xbox.com/.../559829.aspx

What card do you have? My 8600GTS is handling the game pretty well.

[quote user="voteDC"]

What card do you have? My 8600GTS is handling the game pretty well.

[/quote]

ati radeon hd 5450

What version of BF3 are you getting?

Also, is this game worth getting for Xbox 360?

Who thinks here that Battlefield 3 should've only been a PC title like Battlefield 2 and 2142?

So your dissapointed by a game you have never played? Wow, personally 85 is a great score, BFBC2 didnt get 92 at all on any system, quite frankly your as bad as the other one who cant make up his mind, its not difficult to choose to get a game or not.

Im not sure how you two are going to get on in life with making serious decisions if you both have to look for everyones input everytime you think you may change your mind about getting a game

It is a sad day when 85/100 is considered a "huge flop".

Honestly jus waitt till friday..cant wait mysel,f watch some live feeds and judge for yourself

[quote user="WorstedOrphan"]Also, is this game worth getting for Xbox 360?[/quote]

Wow really, seem as though the PC has different graphics settings it's obvious that console versions will be slightly worse.

Yes i am getting it for console (xbox) due to playing the alpha/ beta on PC and couldn't get use to the control layout (mouse/ keyboard)

If your PC can do the game justice with all its flashing lights turned on full, and thats what you want from BF3, then get it on PC. But if you just want a game you can fire up, play with your "mates" and not have to worry about finding the right system tweeks to get the game to run at all...then get it on the 360. Hell, get it on both and have the perfect experience...simples

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

[/quote]

Yes it is a flop when on System wars, BF3 was predicted to get 95 on MC. 

[quote user="WorstedOrphan"]

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

[/quote]

Yes it is a flop when on System wars, BF3 was predicted to get 95 on MC. 

[/quote]

Bold = It does "not" mean it will get 95 out of 100.

I never like reviews anyway, they are someone else's opinion not your own (I don't like borderlands for example, yet others like it to bits).

Just be lucky that DICE has managed to create a game on 6 year old console.