Disabling ads as a Gold member

How do I disable all of the ads on the Xbox 360 dashboard?  I assume they must be on there as a mistake, since I am already paying to be a 'gold' member.

I find it very irritating that I have to see ads for cars, food, deodorant, etc. when I pay a monthly fee for alot of services I don't even want.

Simply put:  I want to play games online and have party chat support.  I don't care about facebook, Zune, FM radio, or any of the other apps.  And I certainly don't want ads.  If it is so expensive to provide these services to us that $60 a year doesn't cover the cost, then only charge us for the services we actually use.

I am not a Sony fan-boy and I spend more time on my 360 than my Ps3, but I find it very odd that Sony has FREE online service and still manages to not fill up the dashboard with worthless ads. Honestly, if the PS3 had party chat, I would play all my non-exclusive games on it instead, just on principle.

Wouldn't it make more sense to only display ads for Xbox silver accounts or for discount Gold subscriptions?  Charging a monthly fee and advertising to us is double dipping.

I know I have brought up this issue in the past and I'm sure most of the user comments (thanks fan-boys) are going to be anything but constructive, I would still like Microsoft to hear that some of us aren't satisfied with this system and that they should consider a change.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You own DVDs right? There are trailers on said DVD advertising other films despite the fact you've paid for the DVD. Are you therefore planning to boycott DVDs until this advertising is stricken from DVDs? Cable/Digital television, broadband connection, pay per views, sporting events I could go on and on.

Mores to the point why couldn't this have gone in an e-mail where the right person could've read it? Why in the support section for people having trouble with their accounts?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you don't like the ads, ignore them. Ads are everywhere.......and I mean everywhere.......it's a part of life. Look at Hulu plus, or whatever, it's a paid service and it still has ads.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.