DiRT Showdown - Demo Impressions

Downloaded this as soon it became available on the Marketplace, its a game Ive not been sure on since its announcement, so before passing completely or wasting money, this is the decider.

-

Graphically, its identical to DiRT 3, apart from the Cars which have been Modified for Bashing and Crashing. This was to be expected anyway, they've not given it a great deal of time for a massive graphics overhaul.

-

Gameplay, I can see this game being a lot of fun. The cars handle the exact same way as on DiRT 3, but this time you have Boost. They've brought back Tour mode, which should give the player a lot of content to enjoy, including Cars to unlock, Liveries etc.. the same as DiRT 3 again. But then Joyride mode has been added, unfortunately you cant access that through the demo, but this should explain and demonstrate what it contains. Then we have MultiPlayer, which will definitely be giving people hours of enjoyment. I loved the MP on DiRT 3, but this has more of a comedic element to it. People will still be doing everything possible to win, but you wont really care when smashing into the tail of your friend to send them spinning.

-

This game gets a Thumbs Up from me, and I'll be Preordering soon. I can only recommend you try the Demo, as I know there will be people out there that wont like this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds good, i will give it a try when i get home from work.

The URL didnt link for some reason? Or have the rules changed for posting URLs now?

I was looking forward to this game before playing the demo, now that I have played it I really can't wait for release.

Like I said in another thread, so far it reminds me of Destruction Derby/Flatout UC rolled into one, looks fantastic and plays even better in my opinion.

Well the demo has completely changed my mind about this game, I was originally going to rent it or wait for it to hit the bargain bin/special offers but after playing the demo i'm now getting this day 1.

Had some cracking MP races earlier with Mr Bee & apart from a few minor issues with the matchmaking it was just really good FUN!

Roll on the 25th

[quote user="Artful C0dger"]

Well the demo has completely changed my mind about this game, I was originally going to rent it or wait for it to hit the bargain bin/special offers but after playing the demo i'm now getting this day 1.

Had some cracking MP races earlier with Mr Bee & apart from a few minor issues with the matchmaking it was just really good FUN!

Roll on the 25th

[/quote]

The other issue I had earlier was you kept wiping my car out you old fart, revenge shall be sweet tonight Mr Codger ;-)

Mr Sage vs Old fart now that's something i'd pay to watch hehehe :P

Yes I also like the demo so I'm getting it on release.

Just downloaded this now laaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr.

I'm going to get purple aki onto you storm

What mate?