Ding and 2 green light

Ok when i connect my xbox to the power supply the top 2 light turn on and are green. If i leave it that way the top right light will flash and some times turn off but very frequently it dings liek when i open the disc tray or turn on the system. Also my open tray sensor and my power sensor do not work at all.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have similar issue but mine also turns off on its own as well. Found out that it was a faulty power brick and had to buy a new one since my unit was out of warranty. Try resetting your power brick by unplugging the brick from the wall with your Xbox turned off (the light on brick should now be orange). Press the power button on your Xbox and this will cause the light on the brick to turn off. This process just drained the power from the brick. Plug the brick back into the outlet and turn on your Xbox. Hope this helps. Seems like a recall they aren't doing anything about since multiple people has this issue even new systems fresh out of the box...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just the fact that your open tray sensor and power sensor do not work is a great indication that it is in need of repair. If this is an option for you and it is under warranty please don't even mess around and send it in for repair. If this is not an option for you then you have some choices to make. 1. Pay Xbox to fix it. 2. Get another one. 3. Do nothing. Hopefully everything works out for you good luck.

PS. If it is new enough to bring it back to the store and exchange it . Just do that. That would definitely be the best case scenario

Sorry this didn't help.

i suggest if your controller is wireless then it is trying to connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

unfortunatly i have'nt a more helpful answer, is your xbox new/second hand? if its under warranty you could take it back to the store that you purchased it from, if not you can register the console for a repair with Xbox Support with the following link.

myservice.xbox.com/.../Profileregistration.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.